Old 02-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
Austin , Texas
Lifan Inverter Generator

I'm close to buying the Honda EU and started looking online for sources. In the process I saw a Lifan inverter generator that is parallel capable with a various other Lifan's. 2200W Digital Power Inverter Generator with Parallel Port, Electric Start, CA Approved-ESI2000iE-CA at The Home Depot

Does anyone know about these in an RV environment? They have a 3 yr warranty like Honda. Probably slightly louder.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
It will be best to get the honda, dont let greed bring you any grief.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
The Lifan might be OK, but you can get a Honda for $150 more. I have an EU2000i and am very pleased with it. Someday I'll get a second one...but so far I haven't boondocked when I needed a/c and the 2000 does it all save for that.

Best of luck!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

I don't think enough folks have the experience with that unit to give any reliable info.

Think you'll find the best online prices here.

IMHO....stay with honda or yamaha.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 34' Limited
Wichita , Kansas
Bob, I just now signed up with Wise Buy and I agree that they have the best prices that I've seen on the internet for Honda and Yamaha Generators.

TankerIP, I am a retired aviation electornics engineer and I agree that the Honda and Yamaha portable generators are probably the ones to buy. I'd only buy an inverter generator for a number of reasons, but mainly because the engine speed/noise/fuel consumption is proportional to the generator load and secondly because the power is cleaner (which can affect some devices, but this is a much smaller consideration). Clean power (AC or DC means that there is not a lot of noise or distortion on the power line that can show up as static/interference/noise on the screen or through the speaker of your device (any consumer of electricity). If I didn't have the money to priortize the purchase of a good generator right now (which I don't), I'd just wait until I did have the descretionary money to do so. Generac, Onan, Kohler and Subaru Robin (among others) all make good generators, but Yamaha and Honda are the best (and highest value) portable, gasoline, inverter generators in my view.

I mostly camp in national parks or other places without electrical power and I have plans to buy a Yamaha EF3000iSEB, but not for another year or so.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
Austin , Texas
Honda it is.

Okay, I just sprung for the Honda Combo pack....a 2000i and a 2000i Companion (has 30 amp plug).
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerIP View Post
Okay, I just sprung for the Honda Combo pack....a 2000i and a 2000i Companion (has 30 amp plug).
You've got big power now!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerIP View Post
Good choice...you won't regret it.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bryant View Post
Generac, Onan, Kohler and Subaru Robin (among others) all make good generators, but Yamaha and Honda are the best (and highest value) portable, gasoline, inverter generators in my view.
I'm not convinced Onan makes a good generator - the new one I had installed in the B190 was hard to start, stalled frequently, and used oil...from day 1. I realize Onan makes the excellent building-sized generators, too, so I'm not really sure what to think. But I wasn't impressed with mine.

I went with the Honda 2000 because the reviews on it were very good, and because I was at a pinball show one time where someone was using one to run a game, and I was amazed at how quiet it was. Also, I have a Honda mower that came with my house that runs unbelievably well - I got it used, I've had it for 5+ years now, and it just runs beautifully.

The Yamaha generator is probably just as good; but I didn't have as much info on it, so I went with the Honda. I figured I did my time with generators that are problems rather than solutions. We plan to buy a second one when we have extra money for the 30 (well, 28) amp fun.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Tampa , Florida
Yamaha EF3000iSEB

This is the generator I went with after checking out both Hondas and Yamahas. In this size the Yamaha is low enough to fit under the tonneu cover on my truck. It also has wheels which are an option for the Honda. With the wheel kit the Honda would have been far to high for me to close the cover. I leave the generator in the truck bed almost all the time. Both brands are heavy when you get to this size. If you have the need to get it in and out of the truck bed you my want to get a deer hoist. Hunters use them for field dressing deer. Check with Cabellas, I beleive they are around$180.00 and are rated at 600#. I think they break down for storage.

I went with the Yamaha for a couple reasons. The wheels are included and the total height is less than the height of the Honda without the wheels. I liked the boost feature, especially if you are running a 15,000 btu air conditioner. I liked the overall design and color although this was a minor concern.

I purchased the unit from Wise Sales and although there were some initial issues they resolved them to my total satisfaction. To make a long story short I ordered it without the remote start/stop but ended up getting it with a factory installed start/stop. Now that I've gotten used to it I would include it if I had to order another generator.

Personally, once I got past the weight issue, this was a better way to go than 2 smaller units. At the same output the larger units are quiter although they are all very quite anyway.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
into the sunset with a Hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa EU 2000i and its ...

.......................................Companionnn nnnn ....