Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Marietta , Georgia
Inverter EF30iSEB

Not sure how many folks are using this generator, but wanted to report in that it powers the AC and all systems in our '71 Safari with no problems. This was the first time I tried the generator with our Safari, so the results are pretty cool.

This generator has an econo mode where it sets the speed at its lowest RPM until more power is needed then returns to its lowest speed. That's the Boost function in the generator. It boosts the RPM and voltage as needed. Anyway, the generator starts up around 2800 rpm and when I plugged in the Safari without any systems in the AS running the generator burps (increases RPMs) for a second then returns to 2800 RPM. I turned on all the systems in the trailer - microwave, AC, TV and the generator increased its RPMs to 2850. The highest I've seen the generator run when powering all kinds of stuff is 3600 RPM's. Another cool thing is you can barely hear the generator in the trailer. It's a lot heavier than the smaller Honda or Yamaha generators, but it sure packs a whallop in power and it's rated to run 20 hours on the 3.4 gallon tank when running in econo mode.

The unit I have is the tri-fuel version from US Carburation. I haven't tried propane or natural gas yest, but I will. I bought it last year and they were good to deal with. It wasn't cheap, but I'm hoping it will prove itself worthwhile over the years.
pickerdd is offline   Reply With Quote