Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Generators & Solar Power
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2019, 05:26 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Davis , Texas
Illegal Chinese Copies of Victron Equipment

It appears that illegal and inferior Chinese copies of Victron equipment are being sold on line. If you are buying Victron components be sure to purchase them from an authorized Victron dealer. AM Solar and PKYs, Inc are authorized dealers and there are many others. Check out Victron's website for a full dealer listing. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Just wanted to put the word out.

Pat
pdavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
To me, it appears that some of the stuff is the other way around, Chinese equipment is being rebranded and sold. Look at the MT-50 remote meters, Victron, Renogy and others sell them as well as folks like SolarEpic. The Victron BlueSolar PWM charger is the same item that's available on Amazon from a dozen vendors for $14.
I view it as they are rounding out their offerings with some acceptable quality pass-thru equipment they buy from china.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:10 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Davis , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
To me, it appears that some of the stuff is the other way around, Chinese equipment is being rebranded and sold. Look at the MT-50 remote meters, Victron, Renogy and others sell them as well as folks like SolarEpic. The Victron BlueSolar PWM charger is the same item that's available on Amazon from a dozen vendors for $14.
I view it as they are rounding out their offerings with some acceptable quality pass-thru equipment they buy from china.
I was talking about MPPT Solar Charge Controllers and BMVs (Battery Monitors) branded to look like Victron, but are not. Victron takes legal action when it discovers these knock-offs.

Again I stress, when you are buying Victron equipment, buy from an authorized Victron dealer.

Pat
pdavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavitt View Post
I was talking about MPPT Solar Charge Controllers and BMVs (Battery Monitors) branded to look like Victron, but are not. Victron takes legal action when it discovers these knock-offs.

Again I stress, when you are buying Victron equipment, buy from an authorized Victron dealer.

Pat

Ahh. Good info!
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
I recently purchase a Victron controller from PKYS and I highly recommend them. They provided me with incredible customer service!
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #6
Zil
4 Rivet Member

Curtis Wright
Currently Looking...
Eyren Haven , South Jersey
A friend imported container loads of electric powered wheels for bicycles. He would go through the load for QC. More than 25% were not acceptable. The good were labeled and sold with a cost plus 25% to calculate retail. The bad were junk. Related; USA companies have products made in china along with on site quality control.
Zil is offline   Reply With Quote