Old 04-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #15

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Brandon , Florida
Pair of Honda eu2000i Generators w/GenTran Parallel Kit for sale

Pair of Honda eu2000i Generators w/GenTran Parallel Kit for sale.

I am located in Tampa, Fl and am selling my pair of Honda eu2000i Generators. They are in good condition and run GREAT! They have never let me down!

The front cover on one of them has a melted spot where it was against the tail pipe of my van while set up at a market once. I have ordered a replacement cover for it and should have the cover sometime early next week. Other than the cover that I need to replace they are clean!

I am asking $1600. for the pair along with the GenTran Parallel Kit and an adapter plug to plug into the GenTran's 30 amp recepticle in order to plug in a 20 amp cord.

Also included are a pair of the Silver Honda covers for them.

The generators where only used by me when I was set up at flea markets to sell where I had no power access.

They were NEVER abused or ran for more than 8 hours continous.

If you want a pair of Honda eu2000i Generators to convert over to Propane and do not want to spend the price that brand new ones are only to lose your warranty when you convert them, here is a RELIABLE pair for a GOOD PRICE!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
I just ordered the system from Wise. It is set up for a two generator operation but will work for one or two. I haven't ordered my second generator yet but wanted to prepare for the time when it arrives. I just hope it works as advertised. jc

Lifeline AGM's
rustyrivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Honda EU2000i Tri-fuel conversion

I just finished the first of my Honda generator Tri-fuel conversion kit by CMD and thought I'd send along my project.

For the conversion, they ask you to send in your carb to ad the gas line tap that will make it run on propane or natural gas. Well, I took off the carb but a throttle controller on top had a long cable attached, and I didn't see a good way to disconnect the cable. So removed the controller, which has a small spring loaded junction block mating it to the carb. What I did not know, a member later informed me, was the fact the cover to the controller has a disconnect for the electrical cable. In the mean time, I sent in the carb without the controller and they returned it with the conversion. But as I put it back together, the stand offs on the controller would not reassemble, so I called them. Well, most people find out how to remover that offending cable and the carb is converted with the controller in place. So a quick call to sales and I find that a small relief is cut under the stand off and yes it does work.

The other modification I picked up on the forum, is making the gas hose pass thru the top of the side panel and not thru the bottom. I showed with the picture, that the panel will come off to access the engine, gas line shut off and oil port. The kit has another length of gas hose, taking it out the bottom and up to the regulator.

So if your going to use Central Marine Diesel tri-fuel conversion, and have a Honda, take note that the controller cover is removable and the electrical cable will unplug, so you can let them do the total conversion. For those who want to do it the hard way, a dremel tool, a small saw blade will cut the relief and the hose fitting will pass underneath the controller.

I wanted the natural gas option to use for house power it I ever need it and natural gas hardly ever get shut off in a storm.(Hopefully) And gas when I need a portable power source for fishing or camping.

Good system if you need it.

See you on the road...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic002.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	102168   Click image for larger version

Name:	gen with cover off..jpg
Views:	526
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	102171  

fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
I too thought about converting to propane to run 2 Honda 2000is. I was told by the seller of the Hondas that the conversion would invalidate the warranty so I decided on an extended run gasoline system. I purchased a dual set-up from Wisesales which I believe was made by Duration Power. It was supposed to be a turn-key operation; just hook it up and crank'em up. The system cost about $150 including shipping. When it arrived, I was suprised to find that it did not include the gas caps that made the system function. The directions said to take apart the original Honda gas caps and insert the fueling apparatus through the lid. I tried, but it wouldn't go through the hole. I called Wise sales and they told me that I needed to drill out the gas caps. This upset me a bit, since this was supposed to be a turnkey operation. Once drilled out, you can no longer use the caps as originally intended by Honda so you will need to purchase two addditional gas caps at a cost of about $17 each, so the cost of the system just went to $184. At this point, I informed Wisesales the system had never been used or had any put fuel in it, so I would like to return it to them. They informed me that I would have to pay return shipping plus a 15% "restocking fee". I decided to keep the system and, used it last week for the first time. The system functions fine but has one great shortcoming in my humble opinion. There are no quick-disconnects in the system. There is no easy way to disconnect the gas can from the hoses or the generators. Some of the systems on-line come with quick-disconnects(VM Sales, I think) like those used with outboard motor tanks and that would be a big advantage. The entire system I received is made with 1/8" fuel line. I have looked all over the internet for inline quick-disconnects to fit the fuel line but can't find them any where. If you are thinking of buying one of these systems, do your homework and make sure you get what you think you are getting. If I can't find the disconnects, I am going to replace the lines with 1/4" as components are more available. If I were to do this again, I would build it myself. Lots of information on-line. jc
Lifeline AGM's
rustyrivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
jak

2011 16' Sport
2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Bocas , Bocas del Toro
Central marine diesel Eu2000i conversion

I bought a Central Marine Diesel conversion kit for my Honda Eu2000i but as I live in Panama I couldn't easily get them to drill my carb. they did send a very unclear photo which I have now lost. As they keep sending me their basic info to my queries I was wondering if anybody has a clear image of where the carb is drilled. everything else has always been clear but finding good instructions seems to be proving impossible. If anybody can help i would greatly appreciate it.

jak
Old 11-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Why 2000i x2 rather than the Eu 3000i Handi

I have noticed that most on here have the Eu2000i along with its companion rather than going with the Eu 3000i Handi. Why is that? I would think one larger unit would be easier to haul,taking less space,less maintaince and the final cost is about the same.The specs for the 3000 says that it can handle A/C of 13.5 BTU which is the main reason that we would by a generator.

Gary
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Issaquah , Washington
Gary,

The short answer is weight. It is alot easier to lift two 46 lb generators than it is to lift one 77 lb generator. Furthermore, if you do not need the AC you can leave one of the EU2000's home.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
I have noticed that most on here have the Eu2000i along with its companion rather than going with the Eu 3000i Handi. Why is that? I would think one larger unit would be easier to haul,taking less space,less maintaince and the final cost is about the same.The specs for the 3000 says that it can handle A/C of 13.5 BTU which is the main reason that we would by a generator.

Gary
One reason is the the Handi model is relatively new...so many of us already had the two 2000s...another reason is that most of us only need the 2nd genny when we need AC, so when don't we carry only one (smaller) generator... I personally like that option myself...and yes, the Handi weights less than the regular 3000 but it's still hefty to lift from the ground to the back of a pickup.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Gary,

The 2000 is lighter and much easier to handle. Having 2 gives you options.

Two 2000's in parallel provide more power than one 3000.

If you don't need to run the A/C, one 2000 will handle all of your power needs.

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Thanks for the quick responses. My choice will probably be based cost, I have ramp that I can roll up the generator inton my Pickup

Gary
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' International CCD
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
One reason is the the Handi model is relatively new...so many of us already had the two 2000s...another reason is that most of us only need the 2nd genny when we need AC, so when don't we carry only one (smaller) generator... I personally like that option myself...and yes, the Handi weights less than the regular 3000 but it's still hefty to lift from the ground to the back of a pickup.
Ditto; that is why we have two; DW can lift both generators if needed and you get 4000W power!

eleighj
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Propane fueled EU200i generators!

I converted a pair of 2000's for my AS this year and just returned from a trip out west. The twin 40# fed the system fine but the load carrying capacity of the generators was not what I thought it would be. It would not keep the AC up with a few other loads on them. Luckily, I didn't need the air very much, but now I'm not sure that my generators are working correctly. The units only have about 20 hrs on them.

I'm taking the generators into a dealer where they can load test them to see how well they work.

Are they any other users with this set up?
fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
You will loose about 20% power running on propane.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #28

2017 19' Flying Cloud
New York , New York
Hi, I am totally new to this. Just ordered a 19C for next spring, and thinking about buying two converted propane/natural gas powered Honda EU2000i generators. The 19C comes with two 30lb propane tank, and I am trying to use the built in quick connect propane outlet on the Airstream to run this pair of generators. Do you know if there is enough pressure out of that outlet to run the generators? And what is the longest hose I can use to do this? I am trying to get the Hondas further away from the trailer if possible.

Thank you.