Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Alabaster , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobum View Post
Just had my road bike and mountain stolen off my Airstream in Reno. Two cable locks cut off my Fiamma rack.
What a bummer! Were you in a campground or just parked somewhere?
gmattingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Seems like some folks are more inclined to give their political views instead of sticking to the subject of the thread. .

For whatever it's worth
Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Enough

I do as you do, you can not stop someone who will do anything to steal. Hell they can back up and take truck, trailer and all if they have the equipment.
larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1988 Argosy 32
Lomita , California
Add a track it $99.00 at west marine with it you can locate it on computer to 10' for the police, It's a win-win you git it back and they git a scumbag.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickinson View Post
It's not bolt cutters anymore it's a battery powered grinding tool that can cut through most any metal in about 30 seconds. Like the above post if someone wants it they will get it.
At some point I have to say, "I've done enough." I have never seen a person casing a WalMart parking lot with a grinding tool. They're casing the store with valuables, not a random car in WalMart that's there for an hour.

I'm more worried about the smash and grab thief. But with the tailgate locked he still has to lift the generator over the tailgate. If he can do that, he can have it.

On the drawing board (I want to get the tonneau first so I know the clearance), is a platform on wheels so the generator can be moved forward and back on 2' x 2' sheet of plywood. The wheels (three on each side) will be recessed so the platform is just 1" above the truck bed.
The wheels do not swivel and run in the grooves of the bed. Forward for travel, back to the tailgate for gas and operation. Rubber bumpers against the bed front, and I'm still thinking of how I'll secure it for travel.
The cable will loop the handle and lock to one of the existing U-bolts in the truck. (they're probably the weak point, but they're awkward to reach with bolt cutters and a tonneau only half way up.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Add a track it $99.00 at west marine with it you can locate it on computer to 10' for the police, It's a win-win you git it back and they git a scumbag.
I couldn't find it at West Marine, but all those tracking devices also have a yearly fee to continue the service. Yes?
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
Fallon , Nevada
Lightbulb Truck Bed Tray Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
On the drawing board (I want to get the tonneau first so I know the clearance), is a platform on wheels so the generator can be moved forward and back on 2' x 2' sheet of plywood. The wheels (three on each side) will be recessed so the platform is just 1" above the truck bed.
The wheels do not swivel and run in the grooves of the bed. Forward for travel, back to the tailgate for gas and operation. Rubber bumpers against the bed front, and I'm still thinking of how I'll secure it for travel.
A truck bed sliding tray might fill the bill with less trouble:
https://www.etrailer.com/truck-bed-cargo-tray.htm
Happy trails!
Scorge-ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #28

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo1952 View Post
low pro lockdown looks to me
May go that when the time arrives.

Question is then 2 2000 watt w/ soft start 1 3000 watt no softstart Honda

1 generator needs
1 eu2000i with soft start or
1 eu3000is without
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Bed Slide

Most bed slides take 2 inches depth. Make a 3000 Handi too tall to fit under a tonneau. You might check if twin 2000s will work. Other options are either a cap or some kind of utility bed... or if you have an Eddie Bauer and ramp, lighten up the load in the camper and carry the gen inside. disguise it as a tea table when camped.

Or with a quad cab truck carry it in the back seat - and say NASTY words whenever you need to load or unload it. Ask me how I know! Will either sell it or leave it in my "snowbird casita" whenever I finally choose one. A 1000 is more useful for battery charging and other small chores... in hot weather go to the hills where A/C isn't life or death.

Paula
Old 04-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #30
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
I keep the wife outside to keep watch.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:37 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Morongo Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
FWIW I think an NRA or gun decal on your window is an invitation for someone to break into your truck and steal your guns--or just break into your truck and find out there are no guns there. Either way it sucks.

YMMV
Totally agree!
Alan 117 is offline   Reply With Quote