Old 06-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2005 28' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
It definitely doesn't do that. Only warms up when the A/C is on.

AgZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Originally Posted by Tom Randall
I did a search on the honda questions..... decided to go with the Honda's - 2 eu2000i. Learned alot BUT I get to the honda dealer and he said that I CANNOT run higher than the plug outlet alots.... 20 amps. He suggested a RV kit....$280....said that would take care of it. Still need the piece that hooks the two together...

Do I need this or can I use an adapter so the rv plug can hook up to the hondas... He also said that by hooking up without the rv kit will only give about 3500 watts......

All I want to do is have a generator to charge my batteries, run my a/c 13,500 btu, watch tv......

And I would get the eu3000 but I am disabled and not able to move a 100 + lb machine in and out of my excursion.....

Any help would be much appreciated....
The 3500 watts the dealer said was available without the kit is not correct. The normal load for one 2000i is 1,600 watts. Connecting two 2000i's with a "parallel kit" provides you with a single 30 amp outlet with 3,200 watts (26.6 amps) or 4,000 watts intermittent (33.3 amps). Gentran and Reliance both make the kits for the Honda 2000i and both include all of the wires needed to connect the generators. I recently purchased the Reliance Parallel Kit, which includes a load meter, for a "Buy it Now" price of $209.99 (including shipping) on E-Bay. You should be able to find it by entering "Honda parallel kit" in their search menu.

2dabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
IF the cable is getting warm in one spot it is frayed. It needs to be replaced. I had a warm spot on my about four inches from my plug. I cut the cable off and put a new end on at that point. Now it is nice and cool.

Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote