Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #57
1 Rivet Member

Westbrook , Maine
I just installed the Honda wheelset for the 3000, the toughest part was getting access to the bottom of the unit without tipping it on it's side or back. I used my motorcyle jack and it worked good, just had to do one end at a time. The wheels make a big difference in moving the generator around, and it's evident that the weight is in the front of the machine.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #58
Refurbished 89 Excella

Sugar Valley , Georgia
Have had the Eu3000 for 5 years now...........Probably at least 500 hours on it........I change the oil on a use basis...............Maybe every 50 hours or so.............THE THING IS TOTALLY TROUBLE FREE...........Yes, it sits in my basement over the winter, and NO i havent used stabil.......I figure that it has a way to drain the carb bowl and is easy to drain.......I dooooo try to run the tank dry before storage..............
It runs the AC out in the 4 corners area day and night with NO problem.......The tank will run an easy 12 hours of this kind of use..............It doesnt like it when the AC kicks in while running a hair dryer and the microwave; but shucks one does have to think a bit in advance.....Dennis

Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #59
1 Rivet Member

Westbrook , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow
Have had the Eu3000 for 5 years now...........Probably at least 500 hours on it........I change the oil on a use basis...............Maybe every 50 hours or so.............THE THING IS TOTALLY TROUBLE FREE...........Yes, it sits in my basement over the winter, and NO i havent used stabil.......I figure that it has a way to drain the carb bowl and is easy to drain.......I dooooo try to run the tank dry before storage..............
It runs the AC out in the 4 corners area day and night with NO problem.......The tank will run an easy 12 hours of this kind of use..............It doesnt like it when the AC kicks in while running a hair dryer and the microwave; but shucks one does have to think a bit in advance.....Dennis
Good to hear that you have had good luck with your 3000. We have yet to lose our power for more than 45 minutes, so I have not had the need to use mine extensively yet. I did buy it for household backup only anyways, it is so quiet at idle, that from the front about 6 feet away, it is barely heard.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
dublin , California
Honda EU3000

I've used the EU3000 for the past two years with no adversity. It starts quick, runs the AC unit with no problem (13.5), large gas tank. Fill your exta cans just before you drydock for safety. It is a bit on the heavy side for sure, but I chain mine to the inside forward in the bed. My cables reach the electrical hookups leaving the gen inside the opened truck bed. I've used this setup quite a few times without fail. I really can't see to many reasons to remove the genset from the truck bed. Just my opinion.

Rick
Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #61

1989 29' Excella
birmingham , Alabama
I have 3000 with wheels, I roll up on wooden ramp to my airstream when I travle
Old 07-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
dublin , California
Wheels 3000 Honda

Spent two trips dry docked at Nascar events using genset for power. Still very impressed with the performance and the hours run per tank. I only get 10 hrs per tank running AC on high, but when its 110 degrees I don't have a problem with that. It runs great, I change the oil (synthetic) every 50 hours.

I like the wheels that come as an option , but I can't use them with my Tonneau cover. The genset stands to tall with wheels and hits the cover. No problem, it is real easy to move the generator around the truck bed without wheels. If the 3000 is to heavy for some of you, go for the 2000 X 2. I walk to the next trailer whenever I set up and ask if the generator is ti loud. I have never heard a person say it was loud, most say they can't hear it. That's a great feeling to know you are not bothering your neighbors.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #63
1 Rivet Member

Westbrook , Maine
Update: Well I have had the Honda 3000 now for about 4 years, and like my insurance policies on the cars, MC & house have never had to use it in an emergency. I start it up about once year, using the pull cord, the battery is dead flat and won't take a charge anymore-my fault there. It starts right up with about 4 pulls, and runs good except on eco-mode where it stumbles a bit until a load is applied to the generator. We have little hurricane named Irene headed our way, so I figured I start the Honda to drive the hurricane away form us, LOL. I can't complain, and glad I have it, just in case.