Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Honda 2000's Best Price

Where is the best place to order a Honda 2000 base generator and companion generator with parallel cable and get the best price and service?
Roadtech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Alpharetta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
Where is the best place to order a Honda 2000 base generator and companion generator with parallel cable and get the best price and service?
Try your local Honda dealer...most are very competitive on price, and there is no substitute for service if you buy local.

If you need service when out on the road, use this link to find a dealer (be sure to check off GENERATORS and SERVICE when searching).

Find A Honda Dealer

Here are some Macon-area Honda dealers:

Hercrentals #9327
4690 Broadway
Macon, GA 31206-5070
(478) 788-1333

Capitol Cycle Company, Inc.
4950 Mercer University Dr
Macon, GA 31210-5604
(478) 475-5711

United Rentals, Inc #960
5100 Mercer University Dr
Macon, GA 31210-4059
(478) 477-5853

Neff Rental Mac
5340 Hawkinsville Rd
Macon, GA 31216-5008
(478) 784-9323

Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
4755 Ivey Dr
Macon, GA 31206-5355
(478) 476-8018

Ag-Pro, LLC.
4951 Sheraton Dr
Macon, GA 31210-1126
(478) 405-7900
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

robert@honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Buy local from reputable dealer w service dept. see if they will reduce price for cash / check
Old 03-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
I called my local dealer and said I'd come down there with cash RIGHT NOW to buy one... if only they could do something to make up for the fact that I'd be paying more AND be paying tax.

They wouldn't do a thing. A bottle of motor oil? A free cover for the thing? A hose? Nope. Nope. Nope.

So... I bought it from a "faceless" vendor on Amazon, who shipped it to me--for free, via FEDEX overnight. When I realized I sent it to home instead of work, they BENT OVER BACKWARDS to fix it for me. Emails were friendly and returned quickly, and they could not have been nicer to me.

So... go here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... and then choose alternative seller "Mower Shop" and you'll be just as happy as I am!

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Yup, the local guys won't usually budge on them UNLESS you live in a bad winter area and they have enough leftover stock to get rid of in the spring and then they're having a sale. That's how I got a great deal on a bigger one, from a motorcycle dealer that sold generators too.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Gave up looking for a good deal. Decided we needed it and moved forward. Brother got a slight reduction 2 years ago. Will be interesting to see if anyone finds a good discount. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Honda is like many brand names and price controls it's products.
I never find a sale on Honda's, Yamaha's, Apple products, and many others. Find a seller you trust and enjoy.
BTW, I looked at E-bay and found a seller who was advertising new Honda 3000is's for $450. Um.......right. He probably has Rolex's for $100 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
I called my local dealer ...They wouldn't do a thing. A bottle of motor oil? A free cover for the thing? A hose? Nope. Nope. Nope.
They'll be the first one's shouting about "Buy from your brick and mortar store. Support local businesses." Okay, that's a two way street.
Mollysdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post

They'll be the first one's shouting about "Buy from your brick and mortar store. Support local businesses." Okay, that's a two way street.

So true. I had no expectation that they would match the price...but do SOMETHING ya know?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Oxford Mills , Ontario
Do you online shoppers have any kids / relatives that work at or own a small business???
Do you think the Honda dealer has a big profit margin from Honda? Do you think he/she employs locals that also spend locally on housing/food etc.
Do you think they will be happy to service your online purchase , do you think that 80-120 buck savings will feel good when you bump into the dealer at the grocery store ?

Do you think ????
Crazycanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycanucks View Post
Do you online shoppers have any kids / relatives that work at or own a small business???
Do you think the Honda dealer has a big profit margin from Honda? Do you think he/she employs locals that also spend locally on housing/food etc.
Do you think they will be happy to service your online purchase , do you think that 80-120 buck savings will feel good when you bump into the dealer at the grocery store ?

Do you think ????
Wow - that's really aggressive. Mower Shop is actually an Amazon Marketplace vendor, which is a third-party business, not Amazon itself.

It's located in Fishers, Indiana - doesn't get more "local" and "small town," than that. It just happens to sell on Amazon and, also out of its brick and mortar location. It's a smart outfit that understands the modern economy and has adapted - probably better than others.

Just because someone buys off Amazon doesn't mean the sales come from the ether and unpaid gremlins are packing up boxes to ship to buyers. So, maybe time to come off your high horse.
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #11
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:

Do you think ????
I don't disagree with any of that--and I have owned and worked at small business both in the service and retail sectors. Like I said, I would not expect them to match it, and I wouldn't need them to match it to buy from them... but if a business doesn't seem to understand that they need to compete in any way, then I'm making the safe assumption that that is not a business with whom I want to work--or that I'm not their target customer.

The local small engine place probably isn't there for me, it's there for contractors. Perhaps they can afford to ignore the consumer market--or maybe it's even advantageous to do so because it focuses and sharpens business operations. My exasperation at not being able to buy local may be the best result for both me and the business owner.

The reality may be that a consumer who buys a contractor type product through a local seller may be doing more harm than good to their bottom line. I know there were plenty of times in my life when I tried to service a customer that wasn't really core for my company, and it ended up costing both me and the customer a lot to do so.

And yes, I have purchased expensive objects from the competitors of very close friends. (Three bicycles, for thousands of dollars)... and when I ride those bikes with those very close friends they understand that they did not sell what it was I wanted to buy. I did, as I described above, go to them first though!

Old 03-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBOskiBear View Post
Wow - that's really aggressive. Mower Shop is actually an Amazon Marketplace vendor, which is a third-party business, not Amazon itself.

It's located in Fishers, Indiana - doesn't get more "local" and "small town," than that. It just happens to sell on Amazon and, also out of its brick and mortar location. It's a smart outfit that understands the modern economy and has adapted - probably better than others.

Just because someone buys off Amazon doesn't mean the sales come from the ether and unpaid gremlins are packing up boxes to ship to buyers. So, maybe time to come off your high horse.
An excellent point. Mower Shop seems to have tuned their business to work well for the consumer market, so it's a fit--and it benefits both them and me!

Old 03-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Oxford Mills , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBOskiBear View Post

True it is a good point . Came off as more of a rant than I wanted it too [emoji854]
Just frustrating sometimes to see money leave the local community ( I know it's not always the case and with the ease of online shopping it's easy to get caught up in the hunt/search for a deal ) it is unfortunate that the local dealer is unable or unwilling to at least make an effort .... might get some repeat service biz if they offered the first tuneup for free.
Crazycanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:

Do you think ????
This part of your argument made me recall my brother buying his Harley, the dealership he found it at wouldn't sell it to him, because he wasn't local enough and they knew he wouldn't return for service.

As explained, Honda controls the pricing for the models and the dealership doesn't have a high profit margin, they make their money on the service.

You'd better believe they'll be happy to service it, at a shop rate of $95 an hour, whether it was bought there or not.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #15
Hotfoot

2002 25' Safari
Santa Ana , California
Honda 2000i and companion

this seems like a better choice than the 3000, more power, but is it strong enough to run the AC or heat pump?
Thanks
hotfoot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfoot88 View Post
this seems like a better choice than the 3000, more power, but is it strong enough to run the AC or heat pump?
Thanks
Wait, how does it have more power?

As far as cost, Honda seems to pretty much price control their market.
Mollysdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #17
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
The 2000i plus companion will power 1 AC.

For the person asking about local dealer. Camping World is an authorized Honda Generator retailer. I purchased mine from there because there is usually one somewhere within driving distance if I need service.

And their prices seem to be inline with everyone else.

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote