Old 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
Alpharetta , Georgia
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post

(1) I've tried to find more information on Honda's website regarding the different types of kits that are available to link/combine the EU2000 generators. (because in one of the prior post someone stated that the kit solved the bonding issue) Is there a wiring diagram of the kits that you could provide (or a link to it)?
(2) Can you tell us if either of the two Reliance "RV" ready kits for the EU2000s bond the ground and neutral.
Before Honda introduced the Companion model, they offered two versions of the external enclosure 30A parallel kits. One had a standard RV-style female receptacle (a.k.a. "RV-ready") while the other had a NEMA 30A twist-lock style. Both versions had a 30A breaker and watt-meter:

As of today, the NEMA version has been discontinued, and only the RV-ready kit is still sold by Honda. It is part number 08E90-HPK2001, list price $199. While I don't have a wiring diagram for the kit, I can tell you for sure it does not change the floating neutral configuration on the EU2. When the enclosure kit is mounted and connected to a pair of EU2 units, the system/circuit remains a floating neutral (a.k.a. "NOT neutral bonded")

- - -
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.
robert@honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
The information you give is appreciated.
Thank you!

2014 Silverado 1500 5.3L maximum trailering package (yes, I'm towing the 34')
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari
Attleboro , Massachusetts
The picture I posted was from the shelf at the Honda dealer where I bought my generators. I've had my parallel kit for a few years so I can't be positive which Reliance kit I have but it was $199. It connects with push in red and black connectors and green connectors that you tighten down with a screw. It also has the correct plug for my 2007 Airstream. And it as an output gauge and a 30A circuit breaker. I remember balking at the price(the two wire kit is so much cheaper) but it works flawlessly with everything in the camper going at once even. I did have some issues with the dangling wires getting caught on stuff when I moved or stored the generators but I figured out how to hang them from the top of the kit. I'm going to be using them in a few days so i will post a picture of the set up.
romeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #32
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Since have upgraded to a 15,000 for my 25' FB will the 2 Yamaha 2000's run it? I have a brand new 2400isHC with 12 hours on it that I will sell when we get home. I really loved this gen and it was flawless when running the 13,500. It is a tri-fuel that I ran on propane. The replacement will also be tri-fuel.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
If you mean your new air conditioner is a 15,000 BTU model then you should be able to run it on two 2000 watt generators in parallel. Ours is precisely that combo.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Rather than get an adapter for the Companion model, consider purchasing a marine 30A extension cable with twist lock connectors on each end. Note, this won't work for 50A trailers.

You will then be able to connect it directly between your trailer and Companion without need for an adapter.

Plus, it can be used as an extension for your regular power cord when the need arises.

Marinco among others, makes these. While a bit pricey compared to a normal RV 30A extension cable, you can make the connection between your regular power cord and the extension cord waterproof and secure with a connecting sleeve and ring.

greghoro is online now   Reply With Quote