Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #1
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Honda 2000 polarity screwy???

Greetings.

Today I brought my new Honda 2000 to the AS to give it the first try out. Everything seems to run fine on AC in the trailer. When I bought my CCD, a little electric tester made by Ideal, came with my unit. This tester consists of three lights and plugs into any outlet. The first light is red and the other two are yellow.

When I plug in the tester into a normal campground hook-up or my home for that matter, I noticed that the two yellow lights would light up, indicating a normal and healthy circuit.

However, when I plugged the tester in one of the outlets in my AS, the red light and first yellow light were on, and according to the little chart on the tester, it said "Hot/Neutral Reversed"

I ran out to the generator and plugged the tester directly into it, and I got the same reading, so it is something with the Honda.

OK. I am living proof that nothing blew up, at least for now. I did not get any shocks from anything metal inside the AS, as a matter of fact, everything was working just fine.

So what's going on. Is there something seriously wrong? I'm going to use the 2000 in about three weeks for a full week, and would like to know if I should be writing a will, and making funeral arrangements.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Old 09-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Normal EU2000 behavior (RTFM...)

I had the same experience then I read the manual. See page 18 - Ground System.
Love that generator,
Ken
Old 09-19-2004, 05:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I REALLY like ours after Hurricane Francis. The little bugger ran for 9 hours or so on a tankfull of gas in the Eco Throttle mode, keeping the fridge, a few lights, and the sat dish /tv going during a 4 day power outage. Wish they made an EU20000i so I could run the A/C
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #4
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
pick

you should get one of the onan "guardian" lp powered units. auto transfer, auto start.

i think the come in 11 to 45 kw. then you could run everything you have, plus the trailer! http://www.onan.com/onan/homestandby...eratorHome.jsp

john
Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Ken.

Thanks for pointing that out in the user guide. I really like this generator alot. I will sleep better tonight.

Thanks.

Jonathan