Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
We first bought the "Companion" model of the Honda eu2000i (it runs ~$100 more than a regular 2000 model) ... it has one regular household outlet and one 30-amp twist-n-turn female plug-in. You will need an inexpensive adapter to adapt the twist-n-turn to the accept the male end of your shore power cord. About 18 months later we bought a regular eu2000i so we could parallel them. A regular model has two household outlets and a 12v outlet...and you''ll need a 15-amp-to-30-amp adapter to connect the male end of your shore power cord to...

If you have two regular model Honda 2000s you need a parallel box kit to connect them .... but if you have two 2000 Hondas and one of them is the Companion model they are a lot easier to parallel with a simple set of cables (no box kit required).
And cheaper. No parallel box which if I remember is about $150

Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
Alpharetta , Georgia
Honda typically runs a national promotion for Black Friday with a focus on generators. Inventory may be a little spotty in the Northeast (Sandy), but there are a lot of dealers who offer 48-state shipping.

If you buy a big unit like the EU6500is "still in the box" it's not too much effort to assemble. Everything bolts on with metric wrenches / sockets, and the battery is a sealed, charged-from-the-factory design.

Here's a link to find a dealer in your area. Ask about special prices or promotions for Black Friday and shop around. You may be able to save enough off the selling price to pay for shipping.

Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

- - -
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.
robert@honda is offline   Reply With Quote