Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
La Mesa , California
Generator Storage space for 1973 LY Trade Wind

Greeting

I would like to add a generator to my rig but cannot think of a space to keep it......any ideas would be appreciated. I tow with an excursion so not sure I would want to store inside the cab.

Thanks
mblaksley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Most RV-use generators (Honda & Yamaha) have fuel cut-off switches and fuel tank vents that seal for storage. Placing smaller generators in a storage container will further reduce fuel smells and provide extra space for accessories; i.e., bike cable and lock, owner's manual, extension cords, adapter plugs, etc. See information on storage containers, below, re-posted from another thread.

===============

Much discussion in other threads regarding the Rubbermaid Action Packer. Read all posts for details on size and where to buy:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f448...tml#post601545

Weatherstripping around edge of lid will reduce/eliminate gasoline odors inside your vehicle.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
La Mesa , California
thanks

Thanks so much. I will look into the storage container. My real concern is where to house the generator in the trailer.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Please clarify; do you want to permanently mount a generator, or are you looking for suggestions on where to transport the storage container?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Please clarify; do you want to permanently mount a generator, or are you looking for suggestions on where to transport the storage container?
Sorry for teh delay in replying. Any ideas on both would be helpful. I like the idea of portability, but am uneasy of where to transport the container and don't really want it in my Excursion with the gas issues. Inside the trailer, I'm unsure as to where to transport but suspect that would be the best. Appreciate any thoughts.