Old 04-28-2005, 12:35 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I have no purchased a generator yet, but when I do, it will be minumum 4000 Watts.
I may look into one of those Lowes Generac models and then takt it to a muffler shop for a retrofit muffler to be welded on to quieten it down.

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
clean power

David,
I had a similar question when we were looking for generators. We picked the 2 Honda EU2000 in parallel. One because each EU 2000 is easy to lift. The power is clean. And we can use only one at a time when we do not need the AC. I also ordered the 12 volt charge cord.
I ordered from Mayberry's (they were offering free shipping at the time) If you call them you can get a price quote. Here is the link to the web site
http://mayberrys.com/
Good luck in what ever you choose.
I had a very good experience with Mayberry's, Would buy from them any time!
Here is the discussion about 2 X EU2000 vs 1 EU3000
http://www.airforums.com/forum...highlight=2000

Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
David----Don't waste your money!!! You can put 10 mufflers on that type of generator and it will still be TOO LOUD!!!. Its not just the exhaust that that creates the noise, in fact very little of it is created there. Look throught the post here and other forums and you'll find lots of people who have tried the same thing and were disapointed.
Pieman
Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
David----Don't waste your money!!! You can put 10 mufflers on that type of generator and it will still be TOO LOUD!!!. Its not just the exhaust that that creates the noise, in fact very little of it is created there. Look throught the post here and other forums and you'll find lots of people who have tried the same thing and were disapointed.
Pieman
I agree w/Pieman. The choices are a "frame type" or an enclosed. Frame types are usually for construction or any where noise does not matter. I have seen some people surround a frame type generator with all sorts of noise reducing material even bales of straw....
I do not know of any one that was sorry that their generator was too quiet...
Abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscluchfc
I have no purchased a generator yet, but when I do, it will be minumum 4000 Watts.
I may look into one of those Lowes Generac models and then takt it to a muffler shop for a retrofit muffler to be welded on to quieten it down.
If you're planning on using this in the National Parks or National Forest campgrounds, the generator not only has to be quiet, as a consideration to your fellow campers, but also has to have a USDA approved spark arrestor. A contractor genrator such as the Lowes Generac model you're considering, may not have these features. The Honda EU inverter series meet these standards. The Yamaha inverter models do as well.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #20

Has anyone knowledge of the GenRac QUIETPACT® Series. Their 40G models weighs 165 lbs but it cranks out 3600 watts/30amps. Here's a description from website: http://bigdiscountrv.com/generators_generac.htm#

High performance plus great value. Fully enclosed gaseous generators are quieter and lighter than comparable generators in the market. Designed for highline Class A and highline Class C motorhomes with dual roof air conditioner, as well as, trailer applications. Fully enclosed diesel generator provides a smooth and quiet operation. Perfect for Class A operations.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:04 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Yamaha 3000 with boost

David,
We too were looking for a generator to handle our 13,500 BTU Dometic AC along with other appliances. After combing all the forums here and elsewhere we decided on the Yamaha 3000 with boost, to handle the start up of appliances. We haven't received it yet but when it comes it will be retrofitted to be a propane/natural gas generator. No more stinky gas or monthly start-ups. We know it will weigh more than a couple of 2000s but the trade off for us was worth it. Hope this gives you more food for thought.
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:46 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
1962 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Northern , Minnesota
I own a 34 Limited with the Dometic 15000 A/C with a heat pump. I also have a Honda eu3000 that have used for AC for 4 years with no problems. With a prevoius AS I had the Coleman 13500 unit and the Honda worked fine. I trun the fridger to gas when running the air. I also do not use the auto throttle mode when using the Air. I love the Honda. It is very quite and fuel efficent.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:57 AM   #23

Sinemaster 3000

I picked up the SINEMASTER 3000 on Ebay. Paid a little more but seller was one of the few that had the unit in stock ready to ship. You have to be real careful on this one. Kipor markets similar units under the heading Camper-Mate. The Camper-Mate series don't provide a clean enough voltage and may harm more some sensitive electronics equipment such as the satellite receivers and ham radios.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

I purchased a Honda EU3000i and have not looked back. Your neighbors will appreciate the quiet running unit as well as the added feature of being an electric start engine. As prevoiusly mentioned, the 2 EU2000i's in parallel is a great set-up in my opinion.

Good luck,

Actioncraft
Old 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #25

Astor , Florida
I just bought a new eu3000 honda generator and a brand new 13,500 btu low profile air conditioner. Everyone told me the generator was big enought to run the air conditioner. When I turn the air conditioner on it may start and other times it will overload the generator. When it does start it may run for a few minutes to an hour and then it will overload the generator. Someone said they make a device to start it easier. Does anyone know what this device may be? thank you
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by newton View Post
I just bought a new eu3000 honda generator and a brand new 13,500 btu low profile air conditioner. Everyone told me the generator was big enought to run the air conditioner. When I turn the air conditioner on it may start and other times it will overload the generator. When it does start it may run for a few minutes to an hour and then it will overload the generator. Someone said they make a device to start it easier. Does anyone know what this device may be? thank you
What happends when the eco throttle is off?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #27
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by newton View Post
... Someone said they make a device to start it easier...
hi newt'

the "device" is a hard start kit (really should be called an easy start kit)

this is described in many of the genset/ac threads or gAgoooogale it.

IF the water heater, fridge, microwave, battery charger or other high draw items are running...

3k is marginal at best for a 13.5 a/c.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote