Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . just got my 2 Hondas w/propane from Genconnex today. . . Our new Pendleton will be my 1st with 50 amp power, & these are my 1st generators. . . . sure hope I can figure this all out when we get to Pagosa Springs next week. . . Be careful out there, Craig

Old 07-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
Hi from AZ. . . just got my 2 Hondas w/propane from Genconnex today. . . Our new Pendleton will be my 1st with 50 amp power, & these are my 1st generators. . . . sure hope I can figure this all out when we get to Pagosa Springs next week. . . Be careful out there, Craig

If you have two 2000s, I think the only thing you want to watch out for is to run only one of your AC units on generator power.

The Genconnex conversion is very clean and the Pendleton is a really beautiful trailer. Have fun!

Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #17
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
To put this thread back to bed, here's what we bought: http://www.genconnexdirect.net/honda...g_packages.htm

Scroll down to Package RV2. It should be perfect for us, ready to go, easy as pie.

As rodsterinfl noted above, this is a pure propane solution - no gasoline with this conversion. That's fine with us, though others may prefer a tri-fuel product. Thanks!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
I'm thinking going with just the standalone Honda 2000, $1499. It comes with the 6ft hose. I don't have a low pressure LP port on my 2008 Classic so don't need that hose that comes with the packages. I can do without the cover and I may just modify a plug for internal ground or purchase one from Progressive Dynamics if I feel I need one. I'll have to pick up a quart of Mobile 1 from my local automotive store and a small funnel.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Rocinante, have you received your generator?

Kelvin
Old 07-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #20
Rivet Slave

Western WA , Washington
GenConneX Propane Conversion for Honda EU2000i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Rocinante, have you received your generator?

Kelvin
UPS says the package is in my town and they will deliver it tomorrow evening. I'll report as soon as I get it up and running.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #21
Rivet Slave

Western WA , Washington
Our GenConnex-modified EU2000i Companion came today. It's a beautiful thing. All we had to do was add oil, which they also provided, connect up to the Airstream's low-pressure port for propane and start it. First time took three pulls, second time only two. Smooth clean relatively quiet power, and the provided 30 amp adapter with neutral-ground bonding made the GFCI circuits happy. I made an un-boxing / setup video. Once I get it edited, I'll post that to our blog and share a link here.

As of now we'd definitely buy from these guys again, highly recommended.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
I went with Genconnex Honda and ordered last Sunday. Decided just to get the base Honda 2000 with 6ft hose/regulator since I don't have a low pressure port and didn't need that hose in their packages. I may purchase the ground adapter from Progressive Dynamic or make my own. I'll purchase my own Mobile 1 oil and funnel. I've purchased a new 20lb tank to use with the generator and our propane campfire. I don't expect to use the generator all that much hence getting a propane version. Didn't want to mess with gasoline and the maintenance to store the generator when not in use.

Kelvin
Old 07-19-2016, 08:15 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
I forget what you said about the Honda OEM warranty on your own thread, but does the propane conversion void the Honda warranty? I know you get a separate warranty from GenConnex, but does this new warranty include the generator itself, or just the conversion work?

Honda generators are very reliable for sure [I have a 3500 and 2000], and rarely fail, but losing the Honda OEM warranty would seem to be a heavy price to pay, especially if we are talking about 2 units.

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Our GenConnex-modified EU2000i Companion came today. It's a beautiful thing. All we had to do was add oil, which they also provided, connect up to the Airstream's low-pressure port for propane and start it. First time took three pulls, second time only two. Smooth clean relatively quiet power, and the provided 30 amp adapter with neutral-ground bonding made the GFCI circuits happy. I made an un-boxing / setup video. Once I get it edited, I'll post that to our blog and share a link here.

As of now we'd definitely buy from these guys again, highly recommended.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #24
Rivet Slave

Western WA , Washington
For specifics on how the warranty works, I'd recommend communicating directly with GenConnex.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
For specifics on how the warranty works, I'd recommend communicating directly with GenConnex.
Thanks, however, now that you have received your new gen, I was hoping you might chime in on the warranty issue as you understand it, in order that others reading this thread can weigh the Honda warranty vs. the Yamaha warranty discussed in the other thread. [see quote below -- click on arrow to go there. Jack Canavera also weighs in at the beginning and end of that thread.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Do the genconnex packages keep the OEM Honda warranty intact, like US Carb does for the Yamaha units? [see Post #10 for links re: our Yamaha 1000 tri-fuel]

At the bottom of the genconnex page linked earlier is this: "Please note we are not a Honda dealer and do not service gasoline generators." At the top this page, it refers to a limited warranty for 3 years, but does this include the gasoline generator, or just genconnex's conversion work?

If the propane modification voids the Honda warranty, what happens if the generator itself breaks down and needs repair?

PS -- US Carb has a new website: http://www.motorsnorkel.com/

Here is the 2000: http://www.motorsnorkel.com/yamaha-e...line-only.html

PS2 -- Post #5 here contains further info. about the US Carb and Yamaha warranty.

The following thread contains further information about the Yamaha tri-fuel gens order by some of us:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f448...ay-150492.html
Old 07-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #26
Rivet Slave

Western WA , Washington
Well, there's this, from the GenConnex owner's manual, under the heading "GenConnex Generator Warranty":
"These products are warranted for 3 years or 1000hrs hours, whichever comes first, from defects in material and workmanship for its intended use. The Warranty starts from your shipment arrival date from us or one of our approved resellers, and is non-transferable except when buying for the U.S. Government. We reserve the right to deny warranty claims
when, in our sole but reasonable determination conclude that the cause of the primary failure was due to misuse and neglect (including but not limited to flood, sand & debris filled, impact with vehicle or heavy object, etc). This warranty is applicable only to the items purchased.

"We disclaim any responsibility for loss of time or use of the product, transportation, commercial loss, or any other incidental or consequential damage. Any implied warranties are limited to the duration of this written limited warranty.
We will either repair or replace with like-kind unit, or issue a refund based on the pro-rata remaining term of the warranty period, within 30 days of receipt of the unit or goods. We will pay shipping costs within the continental 48 states to and back from our repair facility if you call first to get a pre-paid shipping label sent to you by us."
There's also this: http://www.genconnexdirect.net/warranty_return.htm

I hope that helps.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks. Not sure that clears up anything . . . but it is not that important right now.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #28
Rivet Slave

Western WA , Washington
It's my understanding the GenConnex mod does void the Honda warranty. So the only warranty on a GenConnex-modified Honda generator is from GenConnex. Maybe that helps?

Anyway, at the moment, we're extremely pleased with ours.