Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntersville , North Carolina
BatteryMinder - to mount or not mount, that is the question.

Just got the BatteryMinder system for use in storage. The electrical connections seem straight forward. But all of a sudden we realize we aren't sure how/where to attach (or not) the panel.

How do you folks have your panel mounted? Or do you not mount it?

"To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace." M. Kundera
Ruffn It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Panel? If you are referring to the BateryMinder case itself, I simply set my 12248 on top of my propane tanks, under the cover, during storage.
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
Panel? If you are referring to the BateryMinder case itself, I simply set my 12248 on top of my propane tanks, under the cover, during storage.

Should have been more clear. I mean the actual solar panel. Want to use it in offsite storage, so not sure we trust just propping it somewhere.

This is a neat looking set up - though way more powerful that what we have. I like the idea of attaching it to a window somehow so it can be hinged/propped. But just looking for ideas.

"To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace." M. Kundera
Old 12-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
BatteryMinder - to mount or not mount, that is the question.

Are you doing a significant solar install, like the photo you share, or a portable BatteryMinder panel for low power battery maintenance in storage mode?

The downside to a portable is that it can easily acquire legs and walk away.

Rooftop is generally optimum for a fixed installation.

Nice job on that 'window shade' solar panel. I would not have done a solid aluminum backing sheet, however, as he has created a little sealed oven, and heat decreases efficiency and life of the pv panel.
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:51 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
Are you doing a significant solar install, like the photo you share, or a portable BatteryMinder panel for low power battery maintenance in storage mode?

The downside to a portable is that it can easily acquire legs and walk away.

Rooftop is generally optimum for a fixed installation.

Nice job on that 'window shade' solar panel. I would not have done a solid aluminum backing sheet, however, as he has created a little sealed oven, and heat decreases efficiency and life of the pv panel.
it's the small panel for the BatteryMinder. Just looking for pics / ideas for how people have the panel situated.