Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Carbondale , colorado
am solar mounts and kyocera panels

Looking at installing solar and I really like the additional wattage of the Kyocera 135, but I love the idea of mounting the panels using the 3m tape like in the AM solar Mounts. Anyone know if these are compatible?

Thanks
Peter
Yak dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak dad View Post
Looking at installing solar and I really like the additional wattage of the Kyocera 135, but I love the idea of mounting the panels using the 3m tape like in the AM solar Mounts. Anyone know if these are compatible?

Thanks
Peter
HI Peter,

I doubt that they will work on the Kyocera panels. The AM Solar mounting brackets are designed to work with the AM Solar panels, which have an integral riv-nut at each corner. The mounting brackets snap on to the aluminum panel frame and are then bolted thru this hole. The mounting feet are then fastened to this bracket with a 1/4-20 threaded T-handle, which allows quick removal for the tilt bars that point the panels toward the sun at an angle for better efficiency. The key is the exact fit of the mounting brackets before you bolt on the feet.

If you have mounting feet for the Kyocera panels, I have the 3M VHB tape on a roll that I can provide to you.

BTW, the AM Solar 100 watt panels are a 'true' 100 watts with 44 cells. Be careful about what other manufacturers claim that their panels produce. It's all in the output voltage at full sun.

Also, the charge controller is the heart of any solar charging system and can make or break the system's efficiency.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' Safari
Ramsay , Michigan
AM Solar HAS Kyocera mounts!

Just received my rocker mounts and Kyocera panel mounts from AM Solar. I had the same question and spoke with Karen at A.M. She advised they received a small shipment of Kyocera panel mounts last week that they found somewhere. Said they would be too expensive to have made for them, so when these are sold they do not plan on being able to stock them in the future.

I am using them to mount a 80W Sharp panel on my 16' Bambi. The Sharp panel is very close in width to the Kyocera solar panels.

Good luck!

Dick
Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote