I just installed an AM HPV30 solar panel 100 w system on my 2007 25'Safari Special edition.
However, it is not as simple as just connecting up some wires, even though the Airstream is "solar prewired".
I appreciate the forum's members' help in their posts, so here is some additional info.
AM provided almost all the fittings, fuses, and wiring I needed in their kit. Their less expensive model has an integrated controller/monitor. However, this would never have fitted in the available space on a wall in the unit, so I went for the more elaborate model with separate controller and monitor.
Here are some comments on it.
* Getting on the roof was via a tall ladder leaning on an attached carpeted bar. I stayed on the rivet lines, but the roof seemed plenty strong.
* I had to unrivet the refer vent cover, as well as the screen (grind flat spot on rivet, then drill out). There was no way the feed wire would snake through there without removing it, note the baffle in the way (picture below). I riveted it back with a snap riveter and caulked with aluminum-specific caulking. I used aluminum rivets.
* I glued on the panel using AM's special tape. (below) I buffed off the white paint
with a wire brush on a drill, used alcohol to clean and did it when temps in the 80's. Don't grind through the roof! You only get one chance at positioning, so I buffed a bigger than necessary area, and chose a windless day to settle all four feet standing above the panel.
* I ran wires underneath the body to access the battery. These wires are for both measuring battery temperature and voltage. This consumed most of my time for what may only be a small benefit. I ran the wires through the refer compartment floor, under the couch, and out the wheel well, then tied to a convenient gas pipe and through a frame member to the front where I screwed them to the underbody, then caulked (below).
Note! The provided wiring was just long enough to reach the battery. I would have liked to have another two feet.
* The solar power unit fit nicely in the refer compartment, after I moved the 110V receptacle used for the refer (below). Note the unit is screwed down solidly. The refer compartment floor is plenty strong. I didn't want it vibrating off and tilting against the refer. There was plenty of room for access and venting.
* The factory-installed yellow/green wiring led to the brass under-bed busses. I hooked it up with a fuse, and to charge even if the store/use switch is off. I
* Airstream wires one cat5 cable to a location under the status monitor. I would have liked to use that, but the AM solar needs TWO cat5 wires. Sounds like old technology. Hence I mounted it in the only place it could go; that is under the TV. This location was carefully selected and measured, as there is little room for error (below).
* I have strain relief and cable covers on all stress points and on exposed wires.
* Seems to work fine! I may get another panel at some time. There is room on the roof and the AM solar buss will make wiring the next panel very easy with no more un-riveting... The glued-on panel appears stable, but time will tell. Space shuttle tiles are also glued on.
I did kill the batteries one time (left a light in the storage compartment on for a week), and the solar panel monitor was blank. I guess it needs some juice to work.
Here are some cell phone pictures of the process.