Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Hershey , Pennsylvania
2006 22 CCD Ramp Suggestions for EU3000

I am purchasing an EU3000 and have decided to use a ramp to transport it into and out of my RV during storage and transportation. Any manufacturer suggestions? I believe the entrance floor level is approximately 18" from the ground and the door width is approximately 30 inches.

Thanks
Alex

Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAgent007
..have decided to use a ramp to transport it into and out of my RV...
hi '007

the least expensive route might be a pair of these sidebyside with appropriate length planks...

Lund Truck Ramp Kit

another option that costs more but takes less owner effort are scissor lifts like these...

mini lift carts

scissor lift carts

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Will it fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAgent007
I am purchasing an EU3000 and have decided to use a ramp to transport it into and out of my RV during storage and transportation.
Alex,
Did you check to see if it will fit through the door? If so how do you plan on securing it inside the trailer. I and many others opted for two EU2000is's and a parallel kit. Mine is home made but you can buy them for an outragious price. THe 2000s can be lifted by one person and mine rides in the back of the truck with a strong security cable.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
If I get this correct you want to bring a gas powered generator into your 06 A/S? My friend you risk gas fumes in great concentration in your castle. With an 2006 H1 as your tow vehicle, money is no issue, remove the propane tanks, have your water heater converted to instant electric and go all electric and have the honda mounted where the tanks are with a custom Aluminum cover. I am very close to doing the same thing, removing the Amana stove and having stainless convection/microwave oven where the stock Amana is and never looking back on propane. The problem is the Dometic Americana refrigerator, and that can be changed out to a 3 way with a 12v version on the road and with inverters I see and all electric version of a premium product. GET THE HINT AIRSTREAM?? Build this with a generator, possibly diesel and you will be a leader not a me too. Propane is well, old technology, expensive to feed and the safety factor always an issue. Most Prevost are all electric. From the factory offer all models as an all electric option with solar and modular wind generation that charges batteries as traveling, and this is innovation. As Lee said. Lead follow or get the hell out of the way.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Two EU2000's

Was talking to my friend Vern Townsend 53FlyingCloud last time he was down here. He bought the EU3000 and now really wishes he'd gotten the two EU2000's. The 3000 weighs about 138 lbs, and the 2000's weigh about 58lbs each. It's a lot easier to get them up into the bed of a truck, etc. than the big honkin' 3000.

Also, if money is an issue, get one EU2000 and buy the second one when summer hits full tilt and you have to have air conditioning.

Paula
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Now thats thinking

safari28,

Very interesting concept. I get the water heater conversion and the refer conversion, but what about the heater/furnace? We have a Yamaha 3000 which runs everything in/on the AS, and it is easy to add a remote start. It runs very quiet and would easily fit in the area where the tanks are now. It runs about 15 hours on one tank of gas, which for us works well because or TV is a gasser.

I really like your idea...give me a clue on the heater, keeping in mind most RV parks and camgrounds have restricted generator hours, usually 8 PM to 10 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28
If I get this correct you want to bring a gas powered generator into your 06 A/S? My friend you risk gas fumes in great concentration in your castle. With an 2006 H1 as your tow vehicle, money is no issue, remove the propane tanks, have your water heater converted to instant electric and go all electric and have the honda mounted where the tanks are with a custom Aluminum cover. I am very close to doing the same thing, removing the Amana stove and having stainless convection/microwave oven where the stock Amana is and never looking back on propane. The problem is the Dometic Americana refrigerator, and that can be changed out to a 3 way with a 12v version on the road and with inverters I see and all electric version of a premium product. GET THE HINT AIRSTREAM?? Build this with a generator, possibly diesel and you will be a leader not a me too. Propane is well, old technology, expensive to feed and the safety factor always an issue. Most Prevost are all electric. From the factory offer all models as an all electric option with solar and modular wind generation that charges batteries as traveling, and this is innovation. As Lee said. Lead follow or get the hell out of the way.
Safari, I agree with not putting the Honda in the Airstream, but I don't think we have enough battery capacity with existing technology for an all electric Airstream if one is a boon docker. I would assume that the prevost owner runs his or her generator 24 hours a day in camp or more likely doesn't stay where they don't have 120v power.

Fuel cell technology with inverters would be a much better solution than a diesel or gas generator. Power for equipment in the Airstream and still a good neighbor. I did look at it but decided to add 230 watts of solar and a Honda EU2000i with the option of taking our EU3000i along for the few times when we might to run the air conditioner in the boonies. Fuel cell technology is available as an alternative to generators and solar but still expensive. Probably within the budget of a prevost owner but not what some of us want to spend.

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #8
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Swap one for another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28
I am very close to doing the same thing, removing the Amana stove and having stainless convection/microwave oven where the stock Amana is and never looking back on propane.
So you are swapping one "dangerous" fuel for another? Why? I would rather carry my fuel in strong aluninum tanks rather than flimsy gasoline tanks. When I have my wreck. My propane held up but my gasoline tanks leaked.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
My Yamaha 2400 (converted to LP) fits perfectly under the dinette table and there's no gasoline odor.

My LP tanks may still blow up when a meteor hits them.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam
My Yamaha 2400 (converted to LP) fits perfectly under the dinette table and there's no gasoline odor.

I've been looking at the Yamaha 2400 in the LP configuration. Can the 2400 start and run the air conditioning if I don't run anything else on on 110 volt except the converter to keep the batteries charged? What I am looking to do is run the air conditioning overnight at a truck stop.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
safari28,

Very interesting concept. I get the water heater conversion and the refer conversion, but what about the heater/furnace? We have a Yamaha 3000 which runs everything in/on the AS, and it is easy to add a remote start. It runs very quiet and would easily fit in the area where the tanks are now. It runs about 15 hours on one tank of gas, which for us works well because or TV is a gasser.

I really like your idea...give me a clue on the heater, keeping in mind most RV parks and camgrounds have restricted generator hours, usually 8 PM to 10 AM.
Heating can be done with a ceramic heater at most home improvement stores. I have one pluged in here at the park and never run the furnace. 1500 watt version for about 40.00. Real quiet too. The way I see it most of us stay at parks and the electric bill is in the 30-50/day charge.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
So you are swapping one "dangerous" fuel for another? Why? I would rather carry my fuel in strong aluninum tanks rather than flimsy gasoline tanks. When I have my wreck. My propane held up but my gasoline tanks leaked.
Well I see your point but propane has its unique qualities as well for danger. I was thinking a built in fuel tank from the factory similar to say toy haulers, at least it would seem safer. I am in the HVAC industry and have seen over the years real issues with propane. Stuff crawls, builds up in low areas and just nasty when it does go off. I would like to see the progress of an all electric unit. I think if A/S did a survey most of us are at parks and even those that boon dock would like this concept. The real isse in my mind is the fridge. Yes 12v for going down the road, or 120v with inverters running and more battery capacity for short times the TV is not running so the generator would not have to come on say for 3-5 hour stops between TV running. I see this as a real alternative and may very well start the process when I get home. It sounds like a 3k Yamaha mounted up front with a custom aluminum shroud is the way to start.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam

We are approaching Roswell. My wife is so excited. Its just pitiful, but maybe well you never know????
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
Safari, I agree with not putting the Honda in the Airstream, but I don't think we have enough battery capacity with existing technology for an all electric Airstream if one is a boon docker. I would assume that the prevost owner runs his or her generator 24 hours a day in camp or more likely doesn't stay where they don't have 120v power.

Fuel cell technology with inverters would be a much better solution than a diesel or gas generator. Power for equipment in the Airstream and still a good neighbor. I did look at it but decided to add 230 watts of solar and a Honda EU2000i with the option of taking our EU3000i along for the few times when we might to run the air conditioner in the boonies. Fuel cell technology is available as an alternative to generators and solar but still expensive. Probably within the budget of a prevost owner but not what some of us want to spend.
Interesting, never thought of a fuel cell. Getting hydrogen would be the chllenge I assume. It is this type thinking that would make great progress from the same old same old.