Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Wanted: 1964 12V wall sconce

I am looking for a wall sconce for my Bambi II- during the remodel, I will be adding bunk beds for my children. I have the three original lights- two will be going back up front while two will go at the bunk beds.

If you have a light like this for sale, please let me know. It is pictured below. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS-sconce.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	215803  

Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Pennington , New Jersey
Also looking for wall sconce and parts

Were you able to find replacement sconces and/or parts? I need one replacement sconce and new on/off knobs for 2 others. Any suggestions?

Old 08-06-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrbungalow View Post
Were you able to find replacement sconces and/or parts? I need one replacement sconce and new on/off knobs for 2 others. Any suggestions?
Hello- unfortunately, I have no leads for you. I just finished putting reading lights up in the girls' bunkbeds last night. Since I could not find an extra original sconce, I went with some nice brushed aluminum lights I got out of a conversion van in a junkyard.

I still have my third sconce, but I intend to keep it as a spare in case anything happens to the two originals in the front of the trailer. I scoured lots of RV salvage places and RV lists with no luck. These must be rare!

I did find more modern 12V sconces that would certainly work, but that did not match exactly.

I will have to look at the fixtures to see if I can offer suggestions for on/off knobs. Mine were all intact, so I did not have to source them out.

Tags
12v, 1964