Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Arlington , Virginia
Undercarriage Lighting AI Grand Tour

On my 2016 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour, when I turn on the main disc switch located just inside the sliding door by the water heater switch (the switch that powers up electric and allows lights and so forth to be turned on) the undercarriage light that runs from wheel to wheel under the step at the side sliding door turns on. I cannot turn the light off and the dimmer also does not respond with the buttons on the passenger seat labeled "chassis." When parked at a campsite this exterior light should be able to be dimmed or shut off in a case of courtesy to adjacent campers. Does anyone know how this operates? I don't see anything about this lighting in the owners manual. Thanks.
xCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I don't think any other Interstate even has undercarriage lighting, only the Grand Tour.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Arlington , Virginia
Figured it out ... part of the light fixture was leaning against a metal part of the vehicle. This caused it to remain on and not respond to the remote off/on/dimmer switch.
xCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Shokan , New York
2017 interstate LED step lighting

I’m having the same issue - i don’t see where it is hitting any metal - but it won’t shut off! It will turn off when i hit the main disc switch but doesn’t respond to the dimmer switch! Any ideas?
LazyDesert is offline   Reply With Quote