Old 07-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
1977 Argosy 28
Michigan City , Indiana
Cool Tail Light Issues on '77 Argosy

I am just getting started on restoring a '77 Argosy. I have a few working marker lights but no tail lights. The pigtail plug had one terminal that was missing from corrosion so I started the project with replacing that.

With the old connector cut off, I am applying voltage directly form my TV battery to the pigtail wires. I can get the markers that I had and the brake/turn lights to come on, on both sides. I have no running lights in the rear and no backup lights.

My questions are:
Are these fused somewhere inside the camper?

I found the terminal strip where the pig tail connects at the street side of the gaucho. Is there a place in the rear that I can get to without removing interior skin to check for loose connections?

Any help is appreciated.

Buck Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Photos in the thread linked below might be helpful. I found this using the search function shown in the solid blue line at the top of the page. There are two blanks in the drop down tab. I find that the Google custom search works best. In this thread one of the forum members offers a pdf wiring diagram of a 77 model. You might click on the user name and send him a message asking for a copy.

Check ground at each light. Each light is grounded to the trailer skin via the screws or rivets holding the fixture on. Cleaning/removing corrosion will help
2014 Silverado 1500 5.3L maximum trailering package (yes, I'm towing the 34')
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote