Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #43
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Great minds think alike. I started to say in parentheses after the "barking dogs" that in my post, but decided not to. I have never actually been disturbed by meowing cats. I have never been disturbed by a camper with its running lights on, either. I particularly dislike it when people leave the campground all day and. Leave their dog inn the trailer to bark all day long until they return. I've never heard a cat meowing in a trailer all day long. In general, dogs are louder than cats.
I'd give anything to hear Aurora meowing now. I'd love to get out of the shower and have her standing there looking at me meowing. I wish I had cat hair on my clothes or in tufts behind the couch. I miss watching every step to make sure I don't step on her or watching before I sit down so I don't sit on her or lying down in a funny position because she doesn't want to move. I wish I had kitty litter dust all over everything. These are a small price to pay for constant friendship and companionship and true devoted faithful loyalty. I miss my friend. We'll get another cat, but there will never be another Aurora. A house just isn't a home without a cat.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know from previous posts that she was very dear to you. Mourning a pet is slow and difficult process. It is true you'll never find an Aurora, but you will find another cat you will also love.

My advice would be to find two kittens who may or may not be littler mates but near the same age. They will still have plenty of time and love for their humans and will be much happier when they must be alone. We have found that two cats are not that much more trouble when travelling than one and they are more secure when they have a buddy with them. Currently we travel with three, and I know they are much more relaxed, because their pals are with them.

Ken

Old 12-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
How would one go about getting something like this? I'm not electricity inclined, so buying one would be much safer than my very poor skill level shorting out the complete system.

Thanks

Doug

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Hi, I personally made both of my light controllers; What was on the market, and those that still are, cost way less than what mine cost in parts alone. And it seems that most people are happy with a piece of wire, a fuse, or a flasher. I thought about making the simple one, but people wouldn't want to pay what is cost to make a hand made item, made one at a time.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, hey; Why does it always have to be barking dogs. Why not meowing cats. Dusty wants to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Great minds think alike. I started to say in parentheses after the "barking dogs" that in my post, but decided not to. I have never actually been disturbed by meowing cats. I have never been disturbed by a camper with its running lights on, either. I particularly dislike it when people leave the campground all day and. Leave their dog inn the trailer to bark all day long until they return. I've never heard a cat meowing in a trailer all day long. In general, dogs are louder than cats.
I'd give anything to hear Aurora meowing now. I'd love to get out of the shower and have her standing there looking at me meowing. I wish I had cat hair on my clothes or in tufts behind the couch. I miss watching every step to make sure I don't step on her or watching before I sit down so I don't sit on her or lying down in a funny position because she doesn't want to move. I wish I had kitty litter dust all over everything. These are a small price to pay for constant friendship and companionship and true devoted faithful loyalty. I miss my friend. We'll get another cat, but there will never be another Aurora. A house just isn't a home without a cat.
Hi, you know this was just for humor; Dusty isn't a barking dog. He's mostly very quiet. Of course we know he is very old. [17] He does bark a bit when we get visitors, but only for a few minutes. Dusty has been left alone in our trailer and our house. I left a voice activated recorder with him several times to hear what he does when left alone. A few times after someone knocked on our door or the mail man came by Dusty barked for a total of three minutes when we were gone all day long from our house. I seldom ever see anyone camping with cats and cats virtually never make any sounds.

Once again, sorry about the lose of your cat.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
80 trailers parked at Urban Air rally, all with their lights on. Makes for quite a sight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lights on.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	229387  
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I want to go to an Urban Air rally one day, with our new cat(s).
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I have no real problem with it, and I agree someone having that porch lite on could be equally or more annoying, depend on where you were. What I can't understand is why people would sit in their trailer in the evening, and have their running lights on. What is the purpose? Is is safety? Do they want to see the outside in varied colors? Do they want to attract attention and thereby conversation? Would some of you post why you do it?
I don't recall anyone saying they sit inside their trailer with the lights on. I don't know why you'd bother to turn them on then, either. I turn them on sometimes when I'm going to be away from the site; it offers a way to gently illuminate the site without blinding everyone.

Of course, last week we turned them on by accident (we have them on a switch, too). We didn't mean to turn them on at all, but we were fumbling for the light switch in the dark and must have hit that one by accident and didn't notice. They were on all night. No one complained...not that there were really many people around TO complain.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #49
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Sort of like turning off the porch light back home. Don't knock unless wearing body armor. Folks have gone to bed.

from the AIRphone
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Generally the running lights are on as long as we are hanging around outside. When we go in, lights go off.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 AM   #51
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Running lights for evening ambience

And the night vision devices are made ready. Dogs unchained. The whiff of gun oil from the half-open night stand drawer.

When the lights go out.

from the AIRphone

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote