Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
The rope lights are permanent...I mounted them in the lower alum channel that would normally carry the wide blue vinyl strip...

I removed every other rivet that holds the alum channel to the body, and mounted a clear plastic 'u' channel that just fit perfect, and installed new rivets...I got the plastic channel from the rope light supplier, the rope light just 'snaps' into the channel and you're done!

These rope lights are not LED's (a bit pricy!)...they are the regular kind...I made two runs, one down each side, ending at the rear...I power them from the tongue jack circuit up front...

As you can see, I had to go up over the wheel wells, and under the water heater in order to use one continious 'rope'... on the curb side I also had to go under the door...but I think it still came out kinda 'cool'...

I got the rope lights and accessories from a store in TX, I believe...called 1000bulbs.com, as I remember...they have all you'd need, in many colors, in different sizes and voltages...mine are 12 volt type...

Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Canada , Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
These rope lights are not LED's (a bit pricy!)...they are the regular kind...I made two runs, one down each side, ending at the rear...I power them from the tongue jack circuit up front...
I love the way the rope lights look or your AS .
Can you post a picture of the power source connection? Do the lights work when you are parked and not hooked up to your towing rig or when you are pulling and connected to the power source?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Detroit , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
Here's a first draft...I've got to add a diode in one of the green LED indicator lamps, to keep them both from coming on...

Hope you can read it...it's rather straight forward, I use the + battery pin to power the flasher, LED indicators, and all the trailer lights (all of mine are LED units, except the backup lamps, and they will be converted shortly)...

Do you think there should be a fuse located anywhere in the circuit ?