Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Longview , Washington
Running lights $1.95 + shipping

What a great deal. I found this web site Southwest Wheel Company - Marker/Clearance Lights

I ordered 8 of each. They came in today. Although they have black bodys they are perfict. Even come with bulbs... Just thought I'd pass that along.
Thisisliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Shaker Heights , Ohio
marker lights deal

Saw your post and was curious if you've installed the replacements you found at Trailerparts.com? You can't beat that price! Just wondering if the mounting holes line up and the wiring lines up? Great find! Thanks for posting. I'm about to pull all of mine off for stripping and polishing and need to replace (at least) the bases.
rayandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The mounting holes are most likely standard for the Bullseye lights. The thing that will require some work is that these lights tend to be potted plastic on the base and you may have to grind a channel for the positive wire across the base. Airstream did not center the hole for the wire on the older trailers, I can't say for the newer ones.

Note these are not LED lights. You can get LEDs for about $7.00 elsewhere. For the cost difference tine you add the bulbs is it worth it?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
They're actually only $1.76 plus shipping, when you buy 5 to 9 of them. So how do the black bases on them look on an AS? Post a pic of that, please....
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Longview , Washington
Running lights

Hey, sorry was out of town. I bought 8 of each. They are a perfect match, the wire is in a different spot but thats no big deal. And yes they are not L.E.D. but for the price who cares It's cost less to buy these lights than to replace the bulbs. I'm not done with the outside of my project yet so no picts. sorry
Thisisliving is offline   Reply With Quote