The typical wiring fires are very rare in an Airstream
However, many of the early 1969 models did indeed, have electrical fires, but they were caused by a 12 volt
The battery hold down bracket, which was grounded, when loose, hit the positive terminal of the battery, resulting in an almost instant fire.
Art Costello said "no way" to the cause of that fire.
We, at Caravanner Insurance Company, went down to the Cerritos plant, got together with Art, who pulled a new trailer off the line, and said "show me".
We moved that bracket to the positive terminal of the battery and therein started the fire.
Since we had 3 of those losses in one week, Art then went to his office and wrote us a check for those 3.
There was a federal recall about that problem, and hopefully they have been all corrected.
So much for "show me".