Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Rear Lighting Cluster

Good Morning America!

can anyone help me please. I have tried to upload a pic with no success so will have to describe - please imagine. I have the rear cluster lights dismantled.

The inner "pod", which has a red lens, has a lightbulb holder that has two wires, making it a twin filament fitting - mounted at the base. It also has a bulb fitted into a rubber mount into the centre of the pod, protruding through the pod casing.

The other pod, which has a clear filter, contains a bulbholder for a single filament bulb.

I think:

The inner, red lens pod is for nightlight and brake using the twin filament , with the other small bulb being the indicator

The outer, clear lens pod is reversing.

IS THAT RIGHT?

Remember that this process is to convert to uk spec so the plan is to shift the indicator to the outer, clear pod and put an orange bulb in it to make it uk legal.

I'll do this after I've fixed the bad earth that has every light on the whole darn trailer flashing whenever I operate the indicators!