Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Putting new tubes in fluorescents?

Our 2005 Classic (bought used) has ceiling mounted fluorescents. For the moment, they all work fine, but I'm wondering, if/when a tube needs replacing, how do I remove the plastic diffuser to get at the tubes?

I'm guessing that I just squeeze the sides together and there would be tabs that would then release, but I don't really know, so a bit of advise could help me from breaking things through ignorance!

Thanks ...... Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
You got it! just squeeze it together and it will come right off. Very easy to do.
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
led strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Our 2005 Classic (bought used) has ceiling mounted fluorescents. For the moment, they all work fine, but I'm wondering, if/when a tube needs replacing, how do I remove the plastic diffuser to get at the tubes?

I'm guessing that I just squeeze the sides together and there would be tabs that would then release, but I don't really know, so a bit of advise could help me from breaking things through ignorance!

Thanks ...... Brian.
Yes all you need to do is squeeze. If the lights burn out it could be from old age on the bulb or it could be from the ballast. If the ballast is bad and you replace your bulbs, your bulbs will burn out again pretty quickly. Then you will need a ballest and more new bulbs.

There is a very green product for repairing that light. It is LED strips. The LED strips do not need a ballest and the life span is much longer than the fluorescent bulb.

Click here to see a video on repairing one of the lights.

They are a little brighter than the fluorescent bulb they replace.

Warm white is the color you would want if you were going to repair one at the time. It is the same color as the fluorescent bulb.

Fix
Dan@LED4RV is offline   Reply With Quote