Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
wellton , Arizona
Pell lite

Hello,

Does anyone out there have any idea where to find replacement Pell Lite marker lights or the equivilent? My 53 crusier is missing a couple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to replace all four.

Thanks
kbw0221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
If you have an old light for a picture, it might help us to see what you need.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
wellton , Arizona
Cool

Hello,

Im sorry, a picture would help a great deal. Hopefully the one I attached works.

As you can see from the picture the 1156 socket on the base is hammered. I can replace the sockets but I only have three matching lights. So i need either one light like this one or four new lights. I would prefer to replace them. I have been all over town and the interenet looking for something that fits the style of trailer. I want to be able to cover the old mounting holes with the new light. Most of the marker lights i have come across are two small, 2in or too big 4.5. I would like to find something with a stainless or aluminum ring, and of coarse they need to be a surface mount. I found some cool billet aluminum leds, would look sharp on any Airstream but they are only 2in.

Anyway im just weighing all my options before going ahead.

Thank you for any help, and maybe someone knows someone who could CNC something.

Kanon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 016.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	70011  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Kanon:

Maybe this major manufacturer will have something you can use. That shape of lamp is commonly called a beehive lens.

Grote Industries: Product part numbering guide

Good luck,

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
wellton , Arizona
Exclamation

Thank you Sergei for the reply. You are right. the lense is a beehive lense (glass very hard to find.). I have been through the Grote catalouge and have found a few lights that would work if all else fails. The replacement lights I have found in the beestyle require different mounting. A surface mount style is what is in order.

I have several ideas and options for just "replacing" the lights. I am looking for either something custom or the original. I just want to thoughly exhaust my options. I know the the lights on many of these older trailers have been upgraded and im interested to see what other people have done.
The internet is a great resource, but it can be soooo exausting trying to find what you want. Inside info is what I need!

Please help!!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
My buddy has found lens replacements at various automotive swap markets and flea markets. Both red and yellow. He was also missing bases and had a friend who "owed him a favor" make him up replacement bases out of aluminum. They should look nice all polished up.

These same lights were often used on vintage trucks so it wouldn't hurt to peruse their websites and find out there what people are doing.....and also it wouldn't hurt to send pictures to some of the auto dismantlers who advertise on the web that they have vintage vehicles. You only need a maximum of 4.

Barry

Barry
Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #7

1948 22' Liner
Champlin , Minnesota
Pell-lites

I have a 48 liner and am also stumped on finding these lenses. I used to be able to find them in plastic but would love to hook up with glass.
Aregalimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Austin, TX & , Colorado
I'm looking for a pair of these for the rear of my '48 Boles Aero. The front clearance are orange - I believe the rear are red, though I haven't been able to find documentation to back that up. I remember seeing a link with a guy that had a ton of old lights. Any thoughts??
bgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:59 AM   #9

Las Vegas , Nevada
I know it's a little, or a lot, too late but I have a pair of these pell lite lenses. P-100. Orange. 2.5" width.
Skygurl1 is offline   Reply With Quote