Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Kansas City , Missouri
Packard connections location 1997 excella

Just picked up our first airstream! Overall in great shape, but working out a few kinks. (really can't thank the forum enough for all the great information obtained before we purchased one).

The two ceiling lights in the hallway, fan in the bath, door lights in the closet, and the side lights next to the bed are not working. After reviewing the diagram it appears they are all on circuit 2. I've got power at the 12v panel, fuse/breaker is good.

I am trying to find where the ceiling harness connects to the main harness so I can do some more testing there. I'd say I have looked everywhere, but clearly not!

Does anyone out there with a 1997 34 foot have any thoughts on where I might find the Packard connections?

Attached are the diagrams for reference, I circled all the components on the #2 circuit.

Thanks for any help! MIKE
roadog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Packard connections location on 97 Excella

Mike, I don't know if this will help, but I have a 97 30' Excella and am working on a problem with my furnace circuit and was tracing the wiring harness from the curbside behind my sink/microwave/stove to where it crosses over to the roadside where the axels are. It then comes up on the roadside by the front wheel well and heads toward the ceiling behind the refrigerator. As I was tracing my wire I was looking for the packard connection also so I could isolate further and found it behind the refrigerator. That is also where I also found my problem. The wire I was tracing came loose from the connector and when I jumpered it together the furnace circuit worked. Removing the refrigerator was not too difficult, but it is a little on the heavy side.

Not sure what configuration your trailer is, mine is the Classic, but if convention is consistent you may find your packard connection on the roadside of the trailer somewhere in the wheel well area behind something.

Frank
USN Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Kansas City , Missouri
Thanks Frank.

I did end up finding it, pretty much as you described. The connections on mine were in the back of the last cabinet towards the rear, road side, and I had to remove a panel within the cabinet to expose the connections.

Both of the connectors were loose, and one particularly was the cause of my light issues in the rear. Just touching the connector and they started flickering.

I was able to "squeeze" them back together, but added some zip-ties just in case.

Thanks for the reply! MIKE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1486.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	276437  
roadog33 is offline   Reply With Quote