Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
Rivet Needed: Wiring diagram 1974 Sovereign 31'

I am having great difficulty in tracking down all of my wiring issues. Some wires have been 'capped off' or dead end into nothing. In other areas, I need to replace lighting. I think I also need to replace my old univolt...If anyone has a wiring diagram from my '74 Sovereign, I would LOVE to have a copy!!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by imeynstein View Post
I am having great difficulty in tracking down all of my wiring issues. Some wires have been 'capped off' or dead end into nothing. In other areas, I need to replace lighting. I think I also need to replace my old univolt...If anyone has a wiring diagram from my '74 Sovereign, I would LOVE to have a copy!!
Here is one for a 1976 12volt...I will have to look up the one for the 120volt. Do you have rear or center bath?

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 76 12v Electrical International rear bath.pdf (61.9 KB, 217 views)
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Here is the one for the 120volt. There is another one that is an isometric view. But basically all the power runs in the over head and is fed down the walls to the plugs and fixtures.

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 120v Diagram 1976 Rear Bath Sovereign.pdf (45.0 KB, 221 views)
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I have a rear bath...I am really concerned as there may be more work involved than I had originally anticipated...I have owned my '74 since 2002, and she has been in my mother's yard (parked) until two months ago...I do have rear end separation issues as well as wiring and a multitude of other issues so I may have to gut her and start over...Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU!! I printed these documents in hope that they will help me to renovate my little beauty!! Unfortunately my husband does not share my enthusiasm for AS's, but I do love working on her....I just hope that I can take on such a task as my expertise is in healthcare---I must admit--hee hee---I OWN all of the tools---now I just need the brains and the pacience in which to 'fix' the 'unfixable'!!! Wish me luck!! As soon as I can figure out my digital camcorder to reproduce photos, I will post them---I lost the manual---EEEKKKKKK
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #6
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Quote:
I have a rear bath...I am really concerned as there may be more work involved than I had originally anticipated...I have owned my '74 since 2002, and she has been in my mother's yard (parked) until two months ago...I do have rear end separation issues as well as wiring and a multitude of other issues so I may have to gut her and start over...Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
I have my 1975 COMPLETELY gutted, so if you need pictures, help or someone to commiserate with...let me know Next step on mine is to pull the rear end apart and work on the sag issue. FWIW I am doing a complete replumbing job using PEX, and doing some updates to the wiring. I tell people it is undergoing a 120 step rehab

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I need all of the help I can get!!!! I am getting a headache just thinking about it, but hopefully I can pull myself together---chomp the bit----and get it done!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Tallahassee , Florida
I just purchased an old 1972 Argosy 20 and all the electrical boxes are missing and I don't know how to put what where. I am studing these wiring diagrams but need to know about the boxes. I purchased an old outfit which includes 120 volt breaker box, another board with 12 volt fuses and still other parts which I don't know what to call them. I am searching for information. I don't know how to do it but I believe I can reasearch enough to get it together.
Bo
Bo Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I don't know that much about Argosy's, but I am planning on posting pics of my AS as I begin my wiring dilemma....I hope the pics might help you.....I will not have pics until next week as I work 16 hour shifts plus call on the weekends......Will try to keep you updated...Wish me luck!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Tallahassee , Florida
Thanks imeynstein, I'll be waiting for the pictures. I'm sure they will be helpful.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
There are so many people with Argosy's that I am hoping that you do not have a problem getting the information that you need....I need an electrical and plumbing degree--oops--also welding and construction!!! But, hopefully with all of the help that the forum provides, we will survive!!! BTW---since I think everything needs to be 'redone' in my AS, my logical thought is to begin with tearing out the rear bath and proceeding to the front of my AS---thus tracing down wiring and plumbing issues...Am I wrong anyone??? Please tell me before I get the ole crow bar and other tools of the trade out!!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:40 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Tallahassee , Florida
I replaced the entire bathrooom plywood flooring and up the curb side to the fender on the outer edge. I also replaced it from the bathroom to the fender on the street side. I removed and reset the battery box in the process. I replaced just as much in the front as I did in the rear, maybe a little more. I also replaced the plywood flooring down the curb side underneath the door and refregerator. If you need to replace flooring, it will be necessary to get every thing out of the way to help ease the pain. Because it is a big job.
Since my 12 volt wires were sniped close to the wall and pushed back into the wall, I plan to find them and somehow splice onto them, then put a test on them to find where they come from/go to. If I can determine that, I'll cap them until I can. I'll try to figure out a plan for plumbing when I find holding tanks.
Just get in there and get er done. Best luck!
Bo
Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 AM   #13
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Quote:
There are so many people with Argosy's that I am hoping that you do not have a problem getting the information that you need....I need an electrical and plumbing degree--oops--also welding and construction!!! But, hopefully with all of the help that the forum provides, we will survive!!! BTW---since I think everything needs to be 'redone' in my AS, my logical thought is to begin with tearing out the rear bath and proceeding to the front of my AS---thus tracing down wiring and plumbing issues...Am I wrong anyone??? Please tell me before I get the ole crow bar and other tools of the trade out!!
I started at the front and headed to the rear...make sure you have plenty of storage space for everything coming out! If your rear bath is like mine that is the best way to go. AFAIK the factory put the bath in first and then worked towards the front.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
Thank you guys for all of the encouragement as I am going to need every bit that I can get since I will be doing all of this on my own!!!

Tags
repair, sovereign, wiring, restoration