Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I found matching color wires, unattached to anything, near the power distribution strip in the compartment under the streetside dinette seat. Testing them with an ohm meter, I couldn't get power at the end near the roof vent opening. It's a mystery where those wires lead to.

robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2000 19' Bambi
Bowling Green , Ohio
More help. I received a second call from Dan at AS. Apparently there is more than one path used to route wires around in the body. He gave me several places to look and the winner was in the partition between the oven and the hanging locker. The controler for the solar panels, when installed is placed next to the systems monitor panel. The yellow and Green 10 gauge wires come up from below into the space behind the panel that covers the back of the monitor panel. In the same bundle are a pink(red) and a black. To install the solar controller they just have to put the wires into the connectors already installed. The other ends of the pink and black come up through the floor in the very front of the drivers side dinette bench. I found they were long enough to attach one to the ground bus and one to the extra fuse in the 12 volt panel. I connected the yellow and pink, the green and black in the hanging locker and I have a circuit ready to run the fantastic vent.
Each wire was labeled SP(solar panel?) on the hanging locker end. None of these conductors show on the schematic drawings in our owners manual.
Again thanks to all of you that pitched in on this one.

oldwoodguy is offline   Reply With Quote