Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Marker lights--quick fix tip.

Many of my marker lights have those little plastic tabs broken off that hold the metal that secures the bulbs and makes the connection. I bought some new lights to replace the really nasty ones, but was kind of ticked off that the ones that were in good shape visually, had the plastic tabs pull through.

So, with my Makita cordless and a tiny little drill bit, gently drilled a hole and tightened down a small sheet metal screw. Problem solved!!! Took all of 5 minutes.

I noticed that the interiors of these lights get wet and grimy. So I tried wrapping the perimeter a few times around with teflon tape. It really made the lens snug, and probably a lot more waterproof.

That's my new found tip of the day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marker.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	3985  

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Mine keep blowing the 20A fuse.

We traced the failure of the front and rear running lights along with the tail and license lights to a blown 20 amp fuse in the under dash fuse box. However, it kept blowing the fuse ( I replaced it several times). Peter said to repace the light switch to at least rule it out, which I did, to no avail. I wonder if there is a frayed wire doing this, or maybe it could be linked to the front headlights in some way. After my neighbor hit my MH, it knocked the grill loose somewhat and now it moves when I go over a bump. The headlights work, and so I think they are on a different circuit. I wonder too if the electric choke on the carb is doing this, as it used to be hot air choke. Maybe they wired it to the wrong circuit. I was told it should be on the ignition circuit. Anyone have an idea what else it can be?
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote