Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Light over bed / '70 model question

Well howdy from Espanola New Mexico! I guess the winds of fate blew us up here.
I was was replacing the four lights in the fixture at the head of my bed in this twin sleeper 70 model. And I thought Iwould dis connect the two main wires that power it. And as I was replugging them back in, I seemed to have caused a short. The question is...do I check the fuse box in the outside compartment? I have my manual but have not checked whats running what-where. Any advice? By the way we are parked at an RV park that once had a Airstream Caravan come thru - they tell me. The name of the park is Roadrunner RV park...sits right between Santa Fe and Espanola.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR-Quarius View Post
Well howdy from Espanola New Mexico! I guess the winds of fate blew us up here.
I was was replacing the four lights in the fixture at the head of my bed in this twin sleeper 70 model. And I thought Iwould dis connect the two main wires that power it. And as I was replugging them back in, I seemed to have caused a short. The question is...do I check the fuse box in the outside compartment? I have my manual but have not checked whats running what-where. Any advice? By the way we are parked at an RV park that once had a Airstream Caravan come thru - they tell me. The name of the park is Roadrunner RV park...sits right between Santa Fe and Espanola.
More than likely you popped a fuse.

The fuse was in the original Univolt.

Andy