Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
LED upgrades interior

I have just recently completed a replacement of nearly all of my internal 1156 internal bulbs with these:

1156 led 102 | eBay

These are fairly inexpensive bulbs depending on what vendor you select. Not high quality, but for the price, you can clearly get 3x the bulbs for the prices some vendors want for one 1156 LED multi LED bulb.

I will tell you these have couple hundred lumens, but it's a cold light, meaning it's a very white light, but the power consumption is very low as with most LEDs.

In these lights:

Amazon.com: 12 volt Warm White LED Reading Light- Brushed Nickel Finish: Home Improvement

I installed:

https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=511

I have found that the warmer light is a lot more pleasing to the eye, but there are not many bulbs, any config that are as good as the linked cool white lights (at this price point) for the 1156 size bulbs.

To that end, I compromised since I boondock. Not unsatified, particularly at the price point and battery life has improved (unless I run the stereo).
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Stowe , Vermont
I purchased LEDs to replace all the 1156 bulbs in the ceiling fixtures of my '07 Safari. I got the warm light style and one bright light got into the order. The warm light cast a greenish tint, while the bright light cast a blue tint. Both did not produce enough light to equal the incandescents. The dealer is sending LEDs that he describes as a strip, and produces much more light that hopefully gets rid of the greenish tint. It is taped to the top of the fixture and then the light cover is put in place as normal. I am going with the warm light to keep away from the bright blue look. I'll let you know how they work out.
VT Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote