Hillsboro , Texas
Sweeeeet!

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #16

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondFitz View Post
Well I'm happy to report that I've fixed the flashing LED's issue on our LR3.

I'm going to take some pictures so that other owns of Land Rover LR3 with this same issue don't waste money on expensive adapters that may or may not work. The entire fix cost $13.95, that is once I understood what was happening.

Here is a quick video of our Airstream with the right side fixed and the left side blinking.

Airstream 2014 23D 2006 LR3 Flashing LED fixed.
What did you do to fix it? My wife and I are considering a 22 Sport or 19 FC and have a 2008 LR3 that the Land Rover Dealer said would happen as well with Airstream LED lights. Another question: when did Land Rover switch over to LED lights and maybe we'll just buy an older Airstream with good old fashion lights.

BeachGoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Lehi , Utah
I wired in a relay in the taillight of the Airstream. It was really easy to do and totally fixed the issue. Here is a link to the relay that I used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Genssi 30/40 AMP Auto LED Light Bar Relay Wiring Harness SPDT 12V 40A (Pack of 5)

Amazon $13.81

You have to take the taillight off and wire a relay for each light. Like I said it was super easy to do once I figured out what the problem was.

Ray
RaymondFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Marin , California
The issue is that Bosch's electronics were not LED aware, ie, it thinks the lights are out since the LED current is so low.

My Cayenne does the same thing and here's my fix: 7-Way Flat Pin to 7-Flat Pin Adapter with LED Lamp Out By-Pass for European Vehicles

See https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Boise , Idaho
We just noticed this issue with our 2016 Chevy Colorado. Turn signal when activated flashes strongly on the trailer in the correct direction and weakly on the opposite side. This is same for both left and right. Hazards, markers and brake lights work correctly. Brake lights and turn signal simultaneously work correctly. Removed and reinserted the 7-way several times but no changes. I have di-electric lube applied the 7-way terminals but that shouldnít be a problem right? I feel safe towing because itís still a very strong turn signal but would rather correct the problem.
Leilanisteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
formerly Xipper

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasams View Post
The issue is that Bosch's electronics were not LED aware, ie, it thinks the lights are out since the LED current is so low.

My Cayenne does the same thing and here's my fix: 7-Way Flat Pin to 7-Flat Pin Adapter with LED Lamp Out By-Pass for European Vehicles

See https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So this device worked for you? I bought one but it made no difference for me on my Audi, so I just accept that the lights flicker endlessly when connected...which only happens when it is parked in front of my house. I figure it will, hopefully, reduce the risk of someone clipping the trailer in the dark.

The other option is to wire in resistors to increase the load on the right/left circuits.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:46 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Marin , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHouseDreams View Post
So this device worked for you? I bought one but it made no difference for me on my Audi, so I just accept that the lights flicker endlessly when connected.
Yes it worked on my 2006 Cayenne. Sorry it didnít solve your problem.
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:48 AM   #22
formerly Xipper

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasams View Post
Yes it worked on my 2006 Cayenne. Sorry it didnít solve your problem.
Yeah, it is odd as the Porsche and Audi SUVs share quite a few parts...obviously the Macan is a much closer relative to the Q5, but I would expect their implementation of failed signal bulb detection to be pretty similar. Apparently not though, so I'll just accept that it blinks a lot and looks like its on a taxiway waiting for clearance for departure.

SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote