Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Deforest , Wisconsin
LED running light plastic mounting tabs broken......

Hi all,

While washing the trailer today I came across an LED running light that was loose from the base. The light still works. One of the two dinky little tabs that snap into the base has broken off.

I just want to use some sort of adhesive to put it back in place on the base.

What have you used to do this?

I was thinking of maybe a clear silicone.

Would there be anything better?

Hope everyone has a great 4th!!!

Thanks,

Blair
RxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
something stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxGuy View Post
Hi all,

I was thinking of maybe a clear silicone.

Would there be anything better?

Hope everyone has a great 4th!!!

Thanks,

Blair
I would think you would need to use something stronger and more permanent that silicone. Since what you use is not going to be seen I would use an epoxy in a small amount. If at some point the light has to come off you should be able to break it away from the base being that they are both plastic. This light is only sold with the base so if it breaks, when you take it back apart, your not out anything.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Deforest , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@LED4RV View Post
I would think you would need to use something stronger and more permanent that silicone. Since what you use is not going to be seen I would use an epoxy in a small amount. If at some point the light has to come off you should be able to break it away from the base being that they are both plastic. This light is only sold with the base so if it breaks, when you take it back apart, your not out anything.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know that the base and light come together as a unit. In that case, epoxy definitely would be better than the silicone.

Blair
RxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote