Old 01-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
down south , South Carolina
I always keep a 12v needle tester in the trailer. You can check if there is power on both sides of the switch by just poking the tester into the hot wire. 12v trailer light problems routinely come from the ground.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
So far, there is power to most of my outlets...I will do further investigation next week...I honestly think that most of my problem is stemming from my univolt as I have noticed there are wires spliced and those wires appear to have burned!!! I don't know what the P.o. was thinking!!! Anyway, I have taken down some of my 12V lights as I want to replace them with either led's or flourecent light strips...I tried splicing the fluorescent lights, but now the lights are not working!!! What did I do wrong???

Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Texarkana , Arkansas
I guess that I will have to post photos as I have found several wires that have been taped with electrical tape that 'dead end'....I noticed that were my oven as well as the 'missing' water pump were connected are taped off as well at the kitchen light fixture...There is a red wire with a white strip on it as well as a white wire that is 'capped off' in the overhead kitchen compartment that is supposed to lead to a kitchen light over the sink...The kitchen light is no longer there and I want to replace the original kitchen light over the sink with a flourescent light....Has anyone else done this??? If so, how was it done?? Also the front gaucho light area had an old fan in it that was no longer functional---so it was removed---has anyone placed a flourescent light there??? I am beginning to suspect that my problems may be stemming from my old univolt as there is a purple wire as well as an orange wire that has electrical tape on them...The purple wire appears to have had a 'short' in it and has the outer wire insulation with what appears to be burned or charred....I am hoping to remove the tub this week in order to 'see' what the wiring situation is all about as these wires are the ones that are all taped....Do you think I need to replace these wires and if so, where do I get them???
Old 03-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
East valley , Arizona
Ok, so today we plug in to get ready for our maiden voyage with our 2005 Bambi Safari. All seems well until we try the bathroom lights, light over bathroom sink, and the hood light over stove. It seems like this just happened!?? So, obvious first step, change the bulbs. With new bulb, the hood light over the stove works just fine, but nothing from the other two lights. Read some of the threads here, and this seems to be a "not-so-uncommon" problem. Tomorrow, will change the fuses and hope that does it before our trip. Am I missing something else that might be relatively easy to deal with or check other than bulbs, fuses??? At least all the others work, including the fans! Thanks, BoJo