Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
Have you tried an LED in the over door light yet? Thanks for all the research. I'm hoping to do LEDs in many places inside, but am wary of the blue-white colors and also the tight beam angles. I'm using 12V halogens over the stove in the Caravel and like them, but they do eat electrons.

My '77 Safari doesn't have a scare light and I'm thinking of removing them from my other Airstreams, myabe to replace them with a recepticle for a canister flourescent. FLYFSHR (Brad) did this in several places on his Tradewind and it works great.

Zep
Zep,
I'm still thinking about replacing the light over the door but haven't done so yet. I gave the 25 SMT yellowish led to one of my hunting buddies this weekend and it works just great over his dinette. His curtains are orange and it seems to work out better in his trailer. It seems like there is almost the same amount of interior light in the fixture previously fitted with an old 1141 bulb. When we had coffee the next morning there was no harshness and to the leds and surprisingly almost the same coverage. He now wants a cool white 25 SMT over the sink.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Update

All boards are still running fine for over 3 years now. The 36 led panel I placed in the scare light broke in 2 places but the bulbs are still bright. I knew it was a tight fit when I tightened the 3 screws up. I finally got around to putting an led bulb over the door and it is bright enough but I think I will try the elongated board that Dan has on his website www.led4rv.com for more illumination. I'll try to take a picture of what I put up over the door temporarily. I still want to add a couple more led boards in the trailer and I will be satisfied.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote