Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
How to replace LED in new airstream

I see a lot of threads on upgrading older airstreams to LED lighting. I have a 2011 with factory LED's one of which is flickering and turning off. I assumed I could pull the LED 'panel' out of the fixture and replace that piece only. According to led4r you replace the entire fixture, but their instructions seem to be for replacing a puck style halogen with a LED. . Unfortunately they only seem to carry warm white and I'm pretty sure the factory LED's are bright white. Anyway...I was hoping someone would have replaced, not upgraded, LED lights would see the question and share their experience.
Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
I had one side go out in my 2011 23FC FB, which for all purposes is just like yours.

Is yours still in warranty? If so, JC will more than likely send you a complete fixture. They sent one to me. Like a dummy (?) I replaced the fixture, and it's not that difficult. However, if I had it to do again, I would replace BOTH LEDs only, and be done with it (assuming yours is a two light fixture).

If it's not in warranty, I would take a picture of the old LED, call Out Of Doors Mart and send them the photo. Then the decision to go cool or warm white would be entirely up to you.

Good luck!

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote