Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
scubadog's Avatar
 
2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
How to remove bulbs in 2011 Flying Cloud

There are lots of threads on which bulbs to use but I cannot find instructions on how to remove the bulbs. They are in recessed lights. I think I need to remove or pry open the ring around the fixture. Is this right?

Unless I have missed something, when I turn on the bathroom light, the lights in the sink area come on also, waking up my wife. So, I want to remove the bulb.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the fixture is much appreciated. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Chief Chili Cook
 
newroswell's Avatar
 
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 738
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f447...val-65007.html
__________________

__________________
The NSA -- The only part of the government that listens.
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
scubadog's Avatar
 
2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
So far, I was able to to get the cover off with the help from the photos. I removed the two tiny screws holding the bulb (flat LED plate) and it looks like there are 2 wires soldered to the back of the bulb. In other words, it doesn't appear to be replaceable without removing the whole fixture and hassling with the springs. I worry about unclipping the springs and getting everything back together. Is it easier than I think it is?

I was sure hoping that the bulb plate would be something that pops in and out.

Any other advice?
__________________
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
murreywalker's Avatar
 
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 734
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
There are lots of threads on which bulbs to use but I cannot find instructions on how to remove the bulbs. They are in recessed lights. I think I need to remove or pry open the ring around the fixture. Is this right?

Unless I have missed something, when I turn on the bathroom light, the lights in the sink area come on also, waking up my wife. So, I want to remove the bulb.

Any advice on how to remove them without damaging the fixture is much appreciated. Thanks.
Unless your FC 23FB is different from mine, there's only one fixture in the bathroom, and it's mounted on the ceiling. And yes there is a wall switch, but you can also turn the ceiling fixture off with the built in rocker switch in the ceiling fixture itself.

Not quite sure what you mean by the sink area light.
__________________
2013 25 FC FB (Twin)
2013 Suburban 2500

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Chief Chili Cook
 
newroswell's Avatar
 
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 738
When I pulled our Halogens the sockets were tight, but the two wire slide right out of the white base of the fixture. I replaced them with the LED pads Airstream sells and the 2 wires are soldered to the circuit on the back.
__________________
The NSA -- The only part of the government that listens.
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Chief Chili Cook
 
newroswell's Avatar
 
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 738
scubadog, does your fixture look like the one in the first link, or this one?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...hts-76986.html

This fixture looks different than mine.
__________________
The NSA -- The only part of the government that listens.
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
murreywalker's Avatar
 
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 734
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post
scubadog, does your fixture look like the one in the first link, or this one?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...hts-76986.html

This fixture looks different than mine.
Newroswell, I believe his fixture in the bathroom is not the circular type. It's the double light/double lens oval with a rocker switch in the middle; the type you find under the cabinetry.
__________________
2013 25 FC FB (Twin)
2013 Suburban 2500

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
TBRich's Avatar

 
2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,486
Images: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
So far, I was able to to get the cover off with the help from the photos. I removed the two tiny screws holding the bulb (flat LED plate) and it looks like there are 2 wires soldered to the back of the bulb. In other words, it doesn't appear to be replaceable without removing the whole fixture and hassling with the springs. I worry about unclipping the springs and getting everything back together. Is it easier than I think it is?

I was sure hoping that the bulb plate would be something that pops in and out.

Any other advice?
I don't think you should have to take those screws off...we have the same fixtures in our 2006 Bambi...and once you get the lens off, the halogen bulbs (which were original) or the LED (replacement) just unplug...with no removal of the housing itself.

I don't know what your exact set-up is regarding the bathroom light and the vanity light, but in ours, the two were originally wired so that the vanity lights and the bathroom light were controlled by the same switch. We wanted to be able to turn on the bathroom light without turning on the vanity lights so as not to wake the one sleeping... so we rewired the bathroom light, tying off the original hot line, and connecting it to the hot line that goes to the bathroom ceiling fan (connecting before the switch for the fan...because the fan has a switch, the line is always hot). The vent fan is close enough to the light to fish a wire form the light to the fan wiring. So now we turn on the bathroom light with the switch on the light independently of the vanity lights. Problem solved.
__________________
TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member
 
scubadog's Avatar
 
2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
Unless your FC 23FB is different from mine, there's only one fixture in the bathroom, and it's mounted on the ceiling. And yes there is a wall switch, but you can also turn the ceiling fixture off with the built in rocker switch in the ceiling fixture itself.

Not quite sure what you mean by the sink area light.
Thanks for the reply but I think the Rear Bed model is different. Turning on the bathroom light also turns on lights over the sink which is part of the bedroom area. Poor AS design.
__________________
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member
 
scubadog's Avatar
 
2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
Thanks to all who posted replies. The problem is solved now but pulling down the two lights over the vanity and cutting and taping the hot wire. Now the switch to the right of the vanity only turns on the light in the toilet/shower area. We never needed the bright lights over the vanity so nothing is lost.
__________________

__________________
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.