I have been on a quest for more electrical outlets. In the rear bedroom area of our 30 S/O there are outlets in both rear cubbies and a 12 volt
power source near the light switch in the false wall that houses the pocket door. I am going to mount a flat screen TV on the wall in the bedroom that can be removed when traveling. The problem is there was no power source or cable circuit on that wall. I was going to try and get power from the rear cubby but the plug goes into the wall of the trailer. I didnt think I wanted to fish any cables through there and risk chaffing the romax. I decided to go through the bathroom wall and head towards the plug by the water heater switch.
I cut out the plywood in the bedroom and added a wiring box. From there I ran the romax under the sink and vanity and drilled a hole to allow the wiring to go up to the plug in the wall. I decided to add a GFI circuit to the bathroom as well. Did I add a GFI plug unnecessarily?
I just saw regular breakers in the box towards the cabinent. I added some pictures of the standard electrical plug. It just clips onto the wiring. In this case mine had a wire that was a bit loose. Im not impressed with this type of connection.
At the same time I added a junction box under the bathroom cabinent to secure my wiring connections and use in the future when I dream up another idea. I verified polarity when finished on both plugs to make sure I wired it correctly.
I also added a TV cable source for the bedroom so the TV can plug into that directly. This was a bit of a learning curve. I had no idea how they ran that cable into the trailer. I actually removed the city water station and lowered part of the belly pan looking around for the routing of this cable. It turns out they go from the electrical cord box located on the street side and run it through a frame support up through the floor and directly into coach. There is a carpet covered false wall that runs along the floor. Behind it I found the cable that could easily be located up into the compartment where the water heater is and into the cable end terminal. I added a splitter so the other junction spot in the galley would work as well. Now I should be able to move the TV from the galley to the bedroom. It took one full day and around $50.00 dollars from the hardware store.