Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

penticton , British Columbia
Front interior light not working, middle and rear working?

i m in the process of putting back together the Argosy 24.

I have put back the electrical system together to the best of my knowledge....i took lots of pictures before gutting the trailer...

When connected to shore power or simply to the battery, the rear and middle ship lights, fans are all working.

But the front reading light next to the pano window and the front center light and radio dosnt work.

what could have gone wrong? univolt is humming.... and as i mention, on battery or shore power...the middle and read of the trailer works normally.

a few things. my water pump is disconnected , and oven fan disconnected, and light over the oven. can those cause the front to not work?

Trying to narrow down what could make the front 1/4 of the trailer not work? everything else work....(outside also)

edit...should mention also, i have the furnace removed so not wire connected there.
jonnyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
There are generally 4 twelve volt circuits in Argosy's of that era. My best guess is that you don't have one (or more) of the 4 hooked up or fused. Since you are not using some other equipment or don't have it installed, you are not aware that those things are not working either, that is no 12 volts to them.

You will need to find the circuit end which supplies those lights in the front end of the trailer and connect it, through a fuse, to 12 volt power. It is hard to help you further, as you have had the rig all apart and are putting it back together, and it is difficult to otherwise know what has been modified.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

ok thanks, i only most did some furniture work on this trailer. i never played with the electrical other than disconnecting some appliances. I was not aware there was any fuse or planel at the front? is it behind the interior skin?

all my pannel and univolt are at the back.

thanks for the advise.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Found my solution. Change the fuse in the univolt resolved the issue. Everything is working now!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
If it is a glass tube fuse you must check it with a multimeter. The fuse link often break apart under the metal ends where you can't see the open. Continuity testing is always the surest way.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
troup , Texas
inverter converter contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyo View Post
i m in the process of putting back together the Argosy 24.

I have put back the electrical system together to the best of my knowledge....i took lots of pictures before gutting the trailer...

When connected to shore power or simply to the battery, the rear and middle ship lights, fans are all working.

But the front reading light next to the pano window and the front center light and radio dosnt work.

what could have gone wrong? univolt is humming.... and as i mention, on battery or shore power...the middle and read of the trailer works normally.

a few things. my water pump is disconnected , and oven fan disconnected, and light over the oven. can those cause the front to not work?

Trying to narrow down what could make the front 1/4 of the trailer not work? everything else work....(outside also)

edit...should mention also, i have the furnace removed so not wire connected there.
Hello: I am rebuilding my 72 safari 23' and had a similar ceiling light/bathroom go out ... it could be the voltage contacts inside the 12v connectors that screw down to the indiv. circuit wires...(I have 4 12v.circuits. the second from the top was the ceiling lights.) I loosed them up and pulled wire out , than wire brushed them to make a better contact to the screw down contacts. I sprayed them with a elect. contact spray. its a cleaner and lubricator. unlike wd40. screw them back on and it may fix the problem. check the grounding screws at the light consoles. they need to be screwed in tight to the ceiling frame. may have to replace the screw if they have corrosion. am
72sahara is offline   Reply With Quote