Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 21' Globetrotter
Wylie , Texas
Fiber optic light cable replacement?

I just went to splice my only wire that was visibly cut. I had followed it to the little turn signal indicator on the street side. Only my left side signal was working. I was happy to find the suspected cause for the malfunction. Then I went to strip the wire. What the??? Then the memory came flooding back of a technician that had initially inspected it mentioning fiber optics. I know next to nothing about if it's even possible to replace. Guessing I might have to give up the ghost on this one. Did a search and nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	205004  
rippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Find a piece of tubing that both ends will just fit into to line them up. Put a dab of clear silicone on each end to conduct the light and push both ends into the tubing so they touch. The spliced side may not be as bright as the other, but it will work.
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote