Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar > Lights - Interior & Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
fabricating / modifying interior light

I've been looking for new interior lighting and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for... I'm trying to put a *spa-like* spin on my interior and want to replace the light above the sink and also at the bed.

I was at Target the other day, browsing the aisles, and stumbled upon this square bamboo utensil holder:
http://www.target.com/Bamboo-Napkin-...0napkin&page=1

I bought three, hoping I could convert them into lighting. I'm thinking I could secure two under the kitchen cabinet and the third under the existing shelf (turned upside down). Now I can't find a fixture to mount inside of it - like an open bulb. Anyone know what I might be able to modify to work inside this bamboo *cover*?? Maybe something that would allow for 2-3 (12v) open bulbs - and I could use plastic to line the bamboo cover & diffuse the light.
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote