Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
electrical question

I'm working on a 1976 31 foot sovereign. My question is about a light switch located on the side of the cabinet that contains the radio. It's knee high located next to the right door frame and a standard three way swithch but wired for 12 volts. Seems everything is working. I can't find it on the wiring diagram. I have talked to Splitrock that has the same year.It appears to be factory installed. I don't know how options were avaiable for each model. Any idea where it goes and does. It doesn't have any effect on step or scare lights but must be used as you enter or exit. Any ideas.
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
The three way switch controls the galley locker light( kitchen light). The light is also controlled fromthe switch located on the side of the light.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
mine is different for some reason. I have two small rocker switches side by side.One controlls the step light and the other the galley light that can also be controlled at the sink. This switch does not affect eather. It is not out of the question that someone changed something.
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
x

XXXX , XXXX
O.K. I misunderstood your original description of the location of the switch. The cabinet that holds the radio. Is this cabinet on the curbside of the trailer between the entry door and the front of the trailer? If you were sitting on the couch at the front looking toward the rear of the trailer where is the switch you are refering too? I have a switch located on the curbside of the trailer between the wing window and the lift up window about 5 inches to the rear of the curbside living room radio speaker and 3 inches above the curbside living room 110 VAC receptacle. This switch controls the scare (flood) light. Is this the switch you are talking about. It is to your left if sitting on the couch.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1959 17' Pacer
Vintage Kin Owner
holly springs , Georgia
Hi GAT
Member splitrock has a thread "radio question about wires and black box" in the electrical subforum he also has a 76 big boy; some have a switch in the bedroom which can turn speakers off. So if you have one there as well maybe the one by your door is its 3-way cousin.
BTW thanks for the visit today your coach is looking really good.
Kevin
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
The only other 3-way switch we have is for the water pump, however it's by itself in the LED tank level panel above the stove...

The three switches next to our door frame are:
1. 3-way sink o'head lights
2. outside 'scare' illumination light
3. outside above door (step) light

Ray