Old 04-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
My full size bed is in rear, bathroom on pass side, fusebox/closet driver side, refer pass side, micro driver side, and so on. It has 3 axles. 1983, 34 foot,oh and also has solar panel above bathroom-it seems to be fine in this whole mess. Any help is greatly appreciated. can you send to my email here?
Your Excella sounds identical to mine, except that I don't have any solar equipment. Glad that the solar stuff appears to be OK. Photos of the interior here: View From the Sofa to the Rear - Photo Gallery.

One of the best purchases I made was a Service Manual from the factory store website. They don't have them for 1983, but they do have them for both 1982 and 1984. I got the 1984 because my brother has a 1984 Excella, but I really doubt that there is much difference.

My converter is under the front window beneath the sofa between the batteries. See photos at You will also notice that the 12v fuse panel is just above the converter.

The outlet that it plugs into is on the same circuit as the bedroom, bathroom, and outside outlet and is on a ground fault breaker. It is the only outlet on that end of the trailer on the GFCI breaker, and that may be a little counter intuitive. After making sure that you have power to the outlet, then check whether there any fuses in the converter that are bad. If it's original it should look like the one in first photo in the replacement thread.

If it is the original Univolt, there are many reason to update, some of which I mentioned in my replacement thread. There are also many threads on the topic. I usually use the Google Search option under the Search drop-down.

Do you have a multimeter? You don't need an expensive one, a good basic one like this Craftsman available at Sears or Kmart would serve you very well and is (just) under $20. It would be a lot of help.

Sorry about your problems. I will keep watching your progress and will try to help if I can.

Good luck!

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #16

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
You mention your refrigerator "buzzing" and quitting when you turn anything on. I'm guessing this means you don't have an absorption refrigerator but a copmressor model? I can't think of anything that would make the low-wattage heating element in an absorption 'fridge make any noise, unless you have some added fans to improve the venting, but those would likely be 12V and therefore not working right now.

DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska

Do you know if 220 was wired into the trailer? If not; there still may be hope. Especially if nothing was turned on. Post some pictures of your 120 volt panel in the trailer with the cover removed.
Do you have one of the circuit testers? The yellow device pictured above.

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote

wiring diagrams needed, 1983 excella