Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Ceiling Light Assembly

Hello friends,
Can someone help me identify a part? I want to replace the "Ceiling Light Lens" on my 74 Excella 500. In the service manual I purchased from Secretarial Services, this plastic light cover is referred to as the "ceiling light assembly." I need to replace all four, as the originals have become a dingy brown in color, I suppose due to time, light, and heat. I have found the replacement covers at the Inland RV website, (they include a picture) but it doesn't show a part I also need. With the ones I have in the TT, the light assembly comes with a fan crank and a light knob, all of which I have. But the plastic lens is also held up by what appears to be a circular plastic clip (for lack of a better term) which fits up into the small openings where the knob and fan crank attach. Several of these are missing, and were probably broken. This small plastic clip helps to hold the ceiling lens in place, otherwise the lens slides up and down as the fan crank is turned. Does anyone know what this small part is called? If so, where might I order them? Has anyone else had this small problem before? Is there some minor way to correct this? Thanks to anyone who can help?
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Sanders.

That part is a washer.

They are no longer available from Airstream.

However, you can use most any type nylon washer, that fits the crank handle shaft.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Nylon washers

Thanks Andy,

I will be taking one of the originals with me to the hardware store(s) and seeing if I can match it up. Sanders
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote