Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Conover , Ohio
breaker?

I'm getting ready to rebuild a 66 overlander, but before I tear it completely apart, I want to see which systems are working and which need help. The 110 system is fine, and I only found one problem on the 12 volt system, is in the pic. The blue wire coming from the trailer connector (for the tow vehicle to charge the trailer battery) goes into what looks like a breaker or switch. It is in an access panel toward the front of the trailer, so I assume it is a common item. I know it needs replaced, but I'm not sure where to look or what it is called for sure.

I also found no problems at all with the uni-volt system. I saw several posts here in the forum where the univolt system was replaced or upgraded. Is there a problem with this system I should know about, or if it's not broke, don't fix it? Thanks, Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1410.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	44992  
air66stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Forums!

The unit pictured in your post is a 12VDC circuit breaker. If it is connected to your braking circuit, it should be an auto-reset type ONLY!

While your Univolt may be functioning to it's original spec, you should definitely consider replacing it with a new, switch-mode electronic converter with 3 stage battery charging. Your battery life will be much improved, and you will never boil a battery again! Well worth the investment!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote