Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #1

1984 31' Excella
Grand Forks , British Columbia
Exclamation Backup lights will not go out

When my trailer is plugged in to 110 volt the backup lights go on. When un plugged and hooked to the truck the backups go on , On trailer, and truck! I have no batteries installed at the present could this cause the fault.
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
When my trailer is plugged in to 110 volt the backup lights go on. When un plugged and hooked to the truck the backups go on , On trailer, and truck! I have no batteries installed at the present could this cause the fault.
No, the battery is not the problem.

When you feed power to the trailer, regardless of source, your supplying power to the back up light circuit.

Pull the cover off of the 12 volt cable and look for a strand of wire from the backup light circuit touching the charge line, or the reverse of that.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote