Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
pickpick

1966 28' Ambassador
Jonesboro , Arkansas
'66 Ambassador center interior lights quit

The center row of interior lights, front gaucho reading lights and vent fan stopped working over night. All of the other lights, AC, and receptacles work fine. I used a test light at the fuse panel after checking/replacing the 30 amp fuses. I only found one fuse that had fire to it. So, I went to the converter with the test light. My two blue wires have fire, one feeds the hot fuse and the other runs to the battery pos+. I have a white wire and a red wire coming from the converter that do not have current. Are these supposed to feed the other 3 fuses? Is it possible that my old converter partially quit on me over night while not plugged in? Thanks for any info.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
pickpick

1966 28' Ambassador
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Anyone ever had part of their lights quit working? If so what was wrong with them. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Check the main fuse inside of the conv. door. It's either that or you need a new conv.

Enjoy,
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
pickpick

1966 28' Ambassador
Jonesboro , Arkansas
I have an old intellipower that doesn't have fuses in it. I've had the cover off and looked all over it. I tried to jump power from the light over the sink(that does work) to the over head kitchen light today and no dice. I used a jumper wire from the sink light power wire and and a jumper wire from the sink ground rivet to the kitchen overhead light fixture. I could get some sparks but no light. If there is a dead short in the overhead wiring, how in the world would I get to it to chase it or repair it? And if it were a short wouldn't it have or still blow a fuse? I feel like the problem will be at one point and they are wired in a series so to speak. Thanks for any hep.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
pickpick

1966 28' Ambassador
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Oh by the way, I checked my voltage at the intellipower again today and I'm only getting 11.77 volts. Could not enough volts cause part of the lights to work? And do ya'll think all of the 12volt lights are on the same fuse circuit? Thanks.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Converter/battery voltage should be over 13 volts. Sounds like your battery is way low since your converter is not getting power in (120v ac).

I tried to post photos of an electrical diagram, but I could not down load the photos.

Dan
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
pickpick

1966 28' Ambassador
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Converter/battery voltage should be over 13 volts. Sounds like your battery is way low since your converter is not getting power in (120v ac).

I tried to post photos of an electrical diagram, but I could not down load the photos.

Dan
Here is my hang up on that. I've never had a battery hooked up in it yet. All I've ever done is hook it to 120v service while we've worked on it for the past 9 months. Is it possible I have a short in the pos line of the center row? I assumed if the row that isn't working had a short, it would have blown the fuse that feeds the whole circuit. But if not, maybe that's where my difference in 11.75 volts and 13.?volts is going. Thanks for the trouble shooting suggestions. Keep them coming, I need help.